T-Mobile is finally rolling out the most anticipated Oxygen OS 9.5.9 OTA update for the OnePlus 7 Pro US variant. Earlier this month, the international or the global variant including the European model received Oxygen OS 9.5.10 HotFix OTA update with major system improvements like touch sensitivity, GPS, and much more. The changelog of OOS 9.0.10 is the same as that of the previous OOS 9.5.9; except the later build is a HotFix. So now the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro is getting a similar update with the latest Oxygen OS 9.5.9 based on July 2019 security patch. So download the OTA now!
According to the update screen provided on the T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro, Oxygen OS 9.5.9 only packs the July 2019 security patch level. However, we think there is more to the update. If we take a look at the update log for the most recent OOS 9.5.10 for the global or unlocked variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro, it brings some major system improvements. So why would these optimizations not come to T-Mobile? We believe, T-mobile just skipped the changelog for the US market. So we can expect the same changes and bug fixes as that of the OOS 9.5.10. More info below.
Oxygen OS 9.5.9 for T-Mobile 7 Pro is expected to have finally optimized the touch sensitivity of the screen. The update is also expected to optimize display effect of the screen, vibration effect for keyboard, the sensitivity of automatic brightness, auto-switch of display resolution, the experience of Double Tap to Wake and Tap screen, speed and accuracy Of GPS while the screen is off, and much more. You can see the full changelog below.
You may also expect added support for Face Unlock assistive lighting under Settings > Security & lock screen > Face Unlock. Not to forget the latest July 2019 security patch level from Android. As for the unlocked or global variant, it is still on the June 2019 security patch level. So T-Mobile is ahead in terms of security.
Whats’s new with Oxygen OS 9.5.9 for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro?
The update log only features July 2019 security patch level. But we tend to believe there is more to the update, as seen below.
What can be expected with the Oxygen OS 9.5.9 for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro? As seen in the OxygenOS 9.5.10 for global or European OnePlus 7 Pro variant.
What’s new with Oxygen OS 9.5.10 for OnePlus 7 Pro?
- Optimized touch sensitivity for the screen
- Optimized display effect of the screen
- Optimized vibration effect for keyboard
- Optimized the sensitivity Of automatic brightness
- Optimized auto switch of display resolution
- Optimized the experience of Double Tap to Wake and Tap screen to show
- Optimized the speed and accuracy of GPS while screen is off
- Added Face Unlock assistive lighting (Settings – Security lock screen – Face Unlock – Face Unlock assistive lighting)
- Added sound enhancement for OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 (Settings – Sound & vibration – Dolby Atmos – Earphone Adjustment – Earphone Sound Enhancement)
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.06
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved the performance of camera mode switching
- Improved experience of auto focusing in some scenes
- Improved the effect of photo-stitching in panorama mode
- Improved photo quality of 48MP JPG in Pro mode
How to download OTA update for OnePlus 7 Pro?
Unfortunately, there are now full stock firmware updates for the T-Mobile or carrier-locked variants. So you will simply have to capture the OTA update from settings. Go to settings > system updates > check for OTA updates > download and install.
You may also like:
- Android Q for OnePlus 7 (Pro)
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Oxygen OS 9.5.5 OTA update
- Google Camera APK for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7 Pro 90 Hz screen refresh rate