OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is now available for sale in the United Kingdom as of now. The major EE network carrier has now successfully implemented its 5G network across UK and becomes the first telecommunication companies to carry out 5G successfully. Other countries like the United States (carriers like T-Mobile and Verizon), China, Japan, etc. are also looking forward to implementing the 5G network in the near future. We already have some 5G Android phones available in the market including Samsung Galaxy S10 5G and OnePlus 7 Pro 5G variants. The OnePlus 7 Pro is now receiving a major firmware upgrade to version Oxygen OS 9.5.5 with camera optimizations and improvements to the system.
The latest Oxygen OS 9.5.5 is now available for download for the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G variant. This update features the latest June 2019 security patch based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie. The OTA also features several system optimizations such as touch sensitivity for the revolutionary 90Hz Fluid Amoled display. It also optimized manual adjustment of screen brightness while playing videos. You will also see improved audio quality during phone calls on your 5G network.
Now, being a Pro version, OnePlus 7 Pro is expected to be a premium tier camera phone too. So the manufacturer is now pushing out major camera upgrade to the 5G variant. This way you can take some stunning pictures using the remarkable 48 MP rear camera Sony IMX586 sensor that the 7 Pro comes with. Latest OnePlus Camera improves contrast and color performance, white balance, accuracy, and stability of auto focusing. It also fixed green tone in low lighting conditions. Fixed noise in HDR scenes. NightScape photos now take clear photos, reduction in noise, and improved brightness. Check out the full update log from below.
What’s new with OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Oxygen OS 9.5.5?
- Optimized touch sensitivity for the screen
- Optimized manual adjustment of screen brightness while playing a video
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.6
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved audio quality
- Improved overall contrast and color performance
- Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
- Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
- Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
- Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
- Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
- Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
- Fixed issue of Noise in some HDR scenes.
Here is a video from SuperSaf detailing some features of OnePlus 7 Pro 5G:
Download OnePlus 7 Pro 5G updates – Latest Oxygen OS 9.5.5 Full Stock Firmware
Oxygen OS update come in two form. One is incremental OTA update and the other is full stock firmware. The manufacture makes all these updates available to the public for manual installation as well.
So for OTA updates, simply go to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
If you don’t see any update there, you can check the software version of your OnePlus devices in Settings > About Phone and if we have the latest version available below, then download the full stock firmware zip or full ROM zip and install it via Local Upgrade method.
Downloads for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G:
- Download Oxygen OS 9.5.5 full stock firmware (direct link)
How to Update OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to latest Oxygen OS firmware?
Method 1 – Local Upgrade: This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
Method 2 – Stock recovery: This method can be found in the previous OnePlus 7 Pro post.