Table of Contents Hide
Apparently, all the Google apps are receiving a fresh new look. Android gained a lot of appreciation from the Android developer community for the introduction of their brand new Material Design. The new design quickly gained popularity and developers across the globe started implementing it into their applications. Ever since, there have been many improvements to the Material Design and here we have the so called version 2.0. Material Design 2.0 has now been released for the Google Play Store among other apps.
The redesigned Play Store comes with a new build number 15.1.24 or later. In order to activate it, all you need to do is install the latest version of Play Store onto your device. The latest APK is available in the downloads section below. If the new design doesn’t show up immediately after the update, then you will need to force stop the app and restart it once.
Apps with Material Design includes Play Store, Google News, Google App, Google Home, Play Games, etc. Moreover, Google Chrome and Chrome Beta for Android have already been updated to Material Design 2.0.
- Google Chrome Beta
- Google News
- Google Tasks
- Google I/O 2018
- Google Play Games
- Google Pay
- Google Home
- Wear OS
- Google Assistant
- Google app
- Google Maps
Download latest Google Play Store APK
Updated version: New version of Google Play Store 15.2.38 is now available for download with updated Material theme and more stable version.
Previous version: Get the latest Play Store 15.1.24 APK from below.
Google Play Services on Play Store:
- Google Play Services | Download all versions from APKMirror
How to get Material Design 2 for Play Store?
- First, see if the new version of Play Store is officially available to you.
- Launch Play Store, go to settings, scroll down and tap on “Play Store Version” option.
- A notice will say that new update will be automatically downloaded and installed on your device.
- If the version is 15.1.24 or above, then simply force stop the app and restart it. (Go to step 8)
- If now, the download the latest Play Store 15.1.24 APK from above.
- Transfer to phone storage and install it.
- Once done, launch the app.
- If you do not see the new Material Design 2, you will need to force stop the app once.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Play Store > Google Force Stop. (You may also need to enable “show system apps” option)
- Launch the app again.