Xiaomi’s PocoPhone is now being updated to Android 9 Pie finally. Users in India are now receiving the stable build of the global MIUI 10 ROM based on Android version 9.0. This comes in mid December as the manufacturer promised. Moreover, we already have the OTA download links and the installation procedure as well. The OTA features a new firmware build number MIUI 10.1.3.0.
Poco F1’s software may not be the best in class when at launch, but the manufacturer has brought numerous improvements to one of the most popular smartphones of Xiaomi. In the past we have seen the MIUI 10 beta that brought touch-latency fix, battery drain fix, camera improvements, Google camera 2 API support, and much more. Here we have the MIUI 10 Global stable ROM based on Android 9 Pie.Users are reportedly receiving OTA update notifications in the regions of Asia; where the device predominantly prevails.
As for the software, it features latest December 2018 security patches from AOSP, new MIUI 10 UI, all the Android 9 Pie goodies including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, Slice, app actions, new swipe gestures along with the latest POCO launcher, Digital Wellbeing, and more. Following is the changelog of the Android 9 Pie OTA update:
- Restore updated firmware for touch controls which fixes known issues
- Android 9.0 update
- Camera – Add Google Lens support
- Other -Restore Issues with Android Auto
-Restore Microphone didn’t work after earphones had been connected
-Restore Settings for turning off screen automatically could not be used
Download and install Poco F1 Android 9 Pie MIUI 10 stable OTA
We have listed MIUI 10 global stable OTA update zip below for Xiaomi POCO F1 based on Android 9 Pie. You can easily sideload it to your device without wiping data.
It features a new firmware build number MIUI 10
V10.1.3.0.PEJMIFI over previous Oreo version
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Stable Android 9.0 Pie OTA update zip (Direct link)
- Previous Poco F1 MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM
- Poco F1 MIUI 10 beta ROM
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable Android 8.1 Oreo ROM.
- Download the Android 9 Pie OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Xioami Poco F1 device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Pocophone.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.