Table of Contents
The Xiaomi Mi A2 has already received the beta as well as the stable version of Android 9.0 Pie firmware. The manufacturer is finally rolling out the most anticipated Android 9.0 update for the Mi A2 Lite variant as well. While some users are receiving Android P Beta firmware, some users have reported of receiving the stable version as well. Being an Android One variant has its perks and we already have the OTA update zip seeding at Google servers. Here we will show you how to capture that OTA update.
Mi A2 Lite gained popularity quickly for its hardware and software specification at an affordable price. Most of the Android One edition devices are receiving similar update this month. The Mi A2 Lite is no exception. The latest OTA features November 2018 security patch along with all the Android Pie goodies including the new gesture navigation system from Google, App Actions, Slice, new Accessibility Menu, Screenshot Shortcut, Screen Rotation shortcut option in navigation bar, Dark Mode support, Text Selection in overview mode, advanced notifications, and Digital Wellbeing support as well.
How to Download Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 9.0 Pie Beta update?
Following is a guide that will help you download the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite latest Android 9.0 Pie Beta OTA update rolling out for several users. The Android P update is live in specific countries of Asia. So you will need to change your device location to Asian countries in order to get the update. Steps are as follows:
- The first thing you will need to do is remove the SIM card tray along with the SIMs.
- Stay connected to your Wi-Fi router as you will need it to download OTA update.
- Now, go to Settings > Apps and Notifications > View All > “Show System” apps.
- Clear the data and cache in the apps below. While this may be optional, it is recommended to do so.
Note that, this may soft-reset your device. So backup.
- GOOGLE SERVICES STRUCTURE
- GOOGLE APP
- GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES
- COMBINED LOCATION
- LOCATION SERVICES
- GOOGLE BACKUP TRANSFER
- Download a VPN app from Play Store that can point to Indonesia. A good app is EXPRESS VPN. You may choose an evaluation account.
- Launch the VPN app and set the location to Indonesia (and not India).
- Now, go back to settings > system updates > and check for OTA updates.
- You should get the OTA.
Download Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite OTA update zip
Here we have been able to capture the OTA update.
You can simply grab the OTA update from below and flash it using stock recovery or ADB sideload method.
- Download Xiaomi Mi A2 Android P OTA update zip (direct link)