Table of Contents
OnePlus 6 comes with Treble support out of the box as it ships with Android Oreo. Moreover, the device already received Android P Beta firmware update based on Oxygen OS right after its launch. Now, the manufacturer’s software development team is rolling out Android P Developer Preview 3 or Beta 3 for OnePlus 6 under the Open Beta channel. So download the latest OnePlus 6 Android P DP 3 right now.
If you are already on the Open Beta channel, then this new OTA update will get your OnePlus 6 more stability and performance upgrades. Android P DP 3 is based on July 2018 Android Security Patch and brings brings several improvements to camera, mobile services, system stability, fixed HotSpot issues, and much more. It will take your device to the same platform as that of the Google Pixel 2 (XL).
However, as this is a Beta software update, there are still some bugs at the moment that will be fixed in the next OTA updates. There are still some issues with system stability, power consumption, Bluetooth connectivity, and some third party apps. So download and install Android P Beta 3 or Developer Preview 3 for OnePlus 6.
Changelog: Android P Developer Preview 3 Beta 3 for OnePlus 6
- Updated to July 2018 Android Security Patch
- Updated Google Mobile Services
- Improved system stability
- Fixed issue with hotspot functionality
- Improved image quality
- Fixed issue with watermark option functionality
- Third-Party Apps
- Improved camera functionality with third-party apps
- Fixed compatibility issues with certain third-party apps
Other known Issues
- System stability and power consumption issues
- Compatibility issues with Bluetooth connectivity
- Third-Party Apps
- Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer preview release
Download and Install OnePlus 6 Android P Developer Preview Beta 3
The Android P Developer Preview is based on Oxygen OS but it rolls out in Open Beta channel. So in order to upgrade to Android P, you will need to download the full stock firmware zip from below and can install using Local Upgrade method.
You may also like:
OnePlus 6 supports camera 2 API out of the box. You may be interested in Google Camera Mod (Gcam) for OnePlus 6 and all other OnePlus devices.
The stable channel with Oxygen OS 5.1.9 comes with major camera updates and support for portrait mode, and Google Lens.
- Restore to stock OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS 5.1.9
- How to root OnePlus 6?
- Android P Developer Preview 4
- Android P Launcher
Open Beta Channel: How to install Android P onto OnePlus 6?
Even if you are on the official Oxygen OS Android 8.1 Oreo or earlier, you can easily upgrade to Android P or downgrade back to Oreo using the following tutorial.
- Download the latest Android P Developer Preview 3 full firmware zip (ROM upgrade package) from above.
- Transfer the Android P Beta ROM to phone storage. (To the root of the SD Card, meaning, outside every folder.)
- Now, go to Settings > System Updates > select settings icon on top right -> choose Local Upgrade.
- From the Local Upgrade option select the installation package.
- Select upgrade package.
- Once done, press the power button and choose to shut down.
- You may need to wipe data or factory reset the device.
- Reboot into stock recovery mode by pressing the power button + volume down to enter recovery mode.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Once done, select Reboot system now.
Detailed tutorial: How to install Oxygen Os using Local Upgrade method?
How to downgrade to back to Android Oreo Oxygen OS?
You will need to do the same procedure. Except, instead of selecting Android P ROM, select the Android Oreo roll back package from below. Follow the instructions from above.
Source – OnePlus