Following the official Oxygen OS Open Beta Android 8.0 Oreo Open Beta, the Chinese variants of OnePlus 3 and 3T are also receiving a similar firmware upgrade. Hydrogen OS, which is an alternate ROM for OnePlus phones, is now receiving a pre-release Android 8.0 Oreo build. The update comes to H2OS ROM under the Open Beta program.
The update brings all the Oreo goodies like Picture-in-Picture, Autofill passwords, unread notification dot for newly installed applications, and much more. Using PiP, you can playback YouTube videos along side any other app. With the new Autofill feature, apps will automatically fill all the saved usernames and passwords for a particular application. This features is similar to the Chrome browser when you visit a website and need to login. It will auto-fill the username and passwords saved with Google.
Apart from the usual Oreo goodies, you will see a new Hydrogen OS Launcher called the OnePlus Launcher 2.1.6. It features the new swipe up for app drawer feature just like the Google Pixel. You will see more stability with the H2OS framework. However, being a Beta ROM, you may encounter some bugs and instability issues. You may also like:
Update log for H2OS 8.0 Oreo Beta:
1. Android O new features, including but not limited to
- New PIP (Picture in Picture). Play videos playback over other apps.
- New auto-fill (Auto-Fill) Using this you will no longer need to remember passwords.
- New unread notification application icon dot reminders.
2. The new quick settings panel design.
3. Built-in application update: input method, browser, email, shop, plus a community, Tencent video
4. fix the problem battery is not updated
5. There are more changes you expect to explore
OnePlus Launcher 2.1.6
- New Hydrogen OS Oreo launcher
- Optimized the Dock display
- Optimized Folder Display
- Micro letter fingerprint payment temporarily unavailable
- Third-party applications are not compatible list, please download the attachment archive.
- Need more third-party application compatibility.
Download Hydrogen OS H2OS 8.0 Oreo Beta
The following zips files are stock firmware for the Oneplus 3 and 3T. It consists of H2OS 8.0 Oreo full signed packages which are TWRP flashable. You can also do a local upgrade if your device is running Oxygen OS. However, avoiding any conflicts, it is better to factory reset the phone and the flash the H2OS ROM.
Download H2OS Oreo
H2OS Oreo Beta 1 for OnePlus 3 | Official Download |
Pan Baidu mirror (password: pku1)
H2OS Oreo Beta 1 for OnePlus 3T | Official Download |
Pan Baidu mirror (password: s11g)
Oxygen OS downgrade packages to Nougat.
Here is a short tutorial on how to install using stock recovery:
Step 1: Completely backup the data including internal storage, apps, media, etc.
Step 2: Download the full signed H2OS firmware package from above.
Step 3: Transfer the H2OS Oreo ROM to phone’s internal storage. Put it in the root directory.
Step 4: Now reboot into stock or TWRP recovery. To do so, turn off the phone completely. Now, press and hold the power button and volume down button. Enter the Recovery mode.
Step 5: Select preferred language. Then select ‘install from local storage’
Step 6: Find your downloaded upgrade file and flash.
You can also do it using Local Upgrade method.
Read: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS?
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.