As we posted earlier, the next Oxygen OS update is here today after the H2OS Public Beta release. The Oxygen OS Open Beta 23 for OnePlus 3 will update your phone to latest August 2017 Security Patch from Google. The latest Open Beta program also features several bug fixes to the Phone app, Gallery app, Weather app, and the Clock app. You will see a redesigned user interface which now supports battery percentage. Improved stability for Parallel apps can also be seen. There is a new feature called E-Warranty Card which displays the warranty in about phone option.
Same goes for the Oxygen OS Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 3. The camera app now adds Shot on OnePlus watermark where you can add your own custom name. See the full changelog from below.
Unfortunately, the update is not based on Android 8.0 Oreo. While OnePlus has promised Oreo upgrade for OnePlus 5 and the OnePlus 3 series phones, it may take a couple of months before its actual launch. Moreover, the Oreo update will be the last update OnePlus 3 will ever get. That said, OnePlus 5 Open Beta will immediately start once Beta program for OnePlus 3 ends with Oreo.
Update log – Changelog & what’s new?
- Added Shot on OnePlus watermark
- You can toggle the Shot on OnePlus watermark and add your name to all pictures taken in the main camera settings
- Redesigned lift up display UI
- Now supports displaying battery percentage
- Now supports hiding of notification content from apps locked by App locker
- There is now a toggle that allows you to block notifications from apps that are in the App lock list
- Improved stability of Parallel apps
- Adjusted color display of default screen calibration
- It now tends more towards sRGB calibration
- Added E-warranty card
- You can now find a version of your warranty card in “About phone > E-Warranty card”
- Updated Android security patch level to August
- Added quick index bar in contacts UI
- The contacts page/app now have an alphabetical bar on the right side for easy moving to certain groups of names
- Improved experience of switching incoming calls
- Improvements to suggested merges functionality
- Loading speed of images improved
- Improved location accuracy
- Improved the experience of searching cities
- New feature “Alarm calendar”
- Can be used to set an irregular alarm schedule, once you set the time, you can activate this feature by hitting the 3 dot menu button to the right of “repeat”
- Immediately following the update, you might not be able to turn on the flashlight. Please reboot the device and normal functionality will be restored.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 23 and Beta 14
The following are full signed firmware files. The OTA update is not yet available. So stay tuned. Simply use the following file for updates.
Oxygen OS Open Beta 23 Full firmware | Download | OnePlus 3
Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 Full Firmware | Download | OnePlus 3T
How to update OnePlus 3/3T to latest Oxygen OS update?
You can download and upgrade using an OTA update file. This comes only if you are on previous Open Beta 22/13 firmware update. Go to settings > System updates > Check for updates. Download and install.
Alternatively, do a Local upgrade:
Simply down the full firmware files from above for your respective device and flash via Local Upgrade option. You can find the Local Upgrade option from this tutorial.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.