Table of Contents
It seems the US carriers for Samsung Galaxy S8 are running a bit late in dropping the latest firmware update. Verizon being one of the prime US-based carriers for Galaxy S8 is yet to roll out the August 2017 firmware update. And currently, firmware with July security is being rolled out to the users. Verizon Firmware Update for Galaxy S8 also provides major updates and introduces some new features to enhance the performance of Galaxy S8. The firmware update also provides Google Daydream VR which one of the most noteworthy features.
The update is rolling for the build number G950USQU1AQG4 for Galaxy S8. Verizon Firmware Update for Galaxy S8 been rolled out as OTA(Over the Air) update.And it might take some time to reach your device. But You can as well download the update directly from the Samsung servers. And we will guide you completely to avail the update for your Galaxy S8 devices.
Changelog of Verizon Firmware Update for Galaxy S8
Well, this Verizon update for Galaxy S8 comes with some interesting updates for the device. Come let’s take a look at that.
- Google Daydream VR to give you an awesome experience of Virtual Reality.
- Ability to send animated GIFs during phone calls.
- Get maximum infinity screen by turning off the navigation bar. To do it toggle the small and round lock/unlock button on the left side of the navigation bar.
Verizon Firmware Update for Galaxy S8 In A Nutshell
|Model name||Galaxy S8|
|Build date||Fri, 07 Jul 2017 06:05:32 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2017-07-01|
Following link will let you download the full stock firmware file directly from Samsung server with no speed restrictions, no payment or subscriptions.
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+ stock firmware file:
- AP_G955USQU1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5
- BL_G955USQU1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- CP_G955USQU1AQD9_CP6187180_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV 00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- CSC_OYN_G955UOYN1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- HOME_CSC_OYN_G955UOYN1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
The above is a third party link. The stock firmware for Verizon S8 is not yet available. We will update it once available.
How-To Install Verizon Firmware Update for Galaxy S8
Here are the links that will take you to the proper Samsung stock firmware file tutorials. See how to install and update Verizon Galaxy S8/S8+ using Odin Tool.
Update Galaxy S8 via Odin firmware
Step 1: Download the Latest Odin tool to PC.
Step 2: Download and extract SamFirm tool.
Step 4: See how to flash or restore the device to complete stock using Odin Tool.
Once you are onto the latest July firmware for your Galaxy S8, keep an eye for any upcoming August Verizon firmware update for Galaxy S8 and will update you on the same.