Oxygen OS is now receiving yet another OTA update with the Open Beta 22 for OnePlus 3 and the Open Beta 13 for the OnePlus 3T. The new update is not based on the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat and neither is it based on August 2017 security patch level. It is simply an optimization update. With improvements to Data usage tracking, Expanded screenshots optimizations. It also brings stock app updates to OnePlus App Locker, FileManager, Weather, Note, Launcher 2.1.5, and OnePlus Push.
We can also see bug fixes while installing some parallel applications, screen capture issues with some parallel apps. Font issue has been fixed after changing the system language. You can see the complete change log from below.
The new update was expected to release today as we have already seen a similar H2OS Beta 19/13 update rolling out for Chinese variants of OnePlus 3/3T. Hydrogen OS is an alternative stock ROM from the manufacturer which does not contain Google Apps. It also has a little different user interface, icons, and a little tweaks here and there. You can easily install it by doing a Local Upgrade easily over stock Oxygen OS.
Though other manufacturers like Samsung, Google , Sony Xperia, Asus are rolling out August 2017 security patch, OnePlus is busy making the system more stable settling with May 2017 security patch. Also the official stable Oxygen OS 4.1.6 is based on the older security update. However, the previous Open Beta brings Parallel apps.
Update log for Oxygen OS Open Beta 22/13
The incremental OTA update brings the following changelog. Here are some improvements:
- Data usage tracking optimizations
- The system is now better at tracking data usage
- Expanded screenshot optimizations
- OnePlus apps updates
- App locker, FileManager, Weather, Note (shelf), Launcher, and OnePlus Push have all been updated
- Installation issues of some parallel apps
- Screenshot issues on some parallel apps
- Sometimes the expanded screenshot would fail on parallel apps
- Weather widget sometimes won’t update
- Weather widget in Shelf will now update properly
- Font issue after changing system language
- Sometimes the system font did not display properly after changing system language
Download OTA updates and full firmware packages
Currently, we happen to be the first ones to publish a post on the new Open Beta update. Hence, the full firmware updates aren’t live just yet.
However, you will find the full stock firmware packages from the following URL.
Full firmware zips:
- Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 | Download | Mirror| for OnePlus 3T
- Oxygen OS Open Beta 22 | Download | Mirror | for OnePlus 3
OOS Open Beta 13 OTA | Download | coming soon
OOS Open Beta 22 OTA | Download | coming soon
How to install the latest OTA update onto OnePLus 3/3T?
There are several ways to download and install the latest updates. If your device is on the stock recovery, then download the latest Oxygen OS OTA update from Settings > System updates and check for OTA. Here is a tutorial on how to download OTA update on OnePlus.
Alternatively, grab the full firmware package from download section above and do a Local upgrade.