Ever since the launch of Galaxy S8, Samsung’s rugged variant known as Galaxy S8 Active has been in the limelight quite often. We have already posted several articles covering the specs, images, and leaks of the same. Now, the US carrier AT&T has officially announced the most awaited device, S8 Active which is exclusive to AT&T for a limited time. The device will be available for pre-orders on AT&T’s website from 8th August, which is tomorrow. For some reasons, if you couldn’t manage to get one online, you can buy it later from the AT&T store after 11th August. If you have eligible service, you can buy the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active on AT&T Next for $28.34 for 30 months.
Here’s is how it looks
Over these years, the Active line has gained much popularity due to its rugged and shock resistant nature. Similarly, the S8 Active is believed to Samsung’s toughest smartphone yet. The improved metal frame definitely creates a rugged structure giving it protection against shocks, mechanical vibrations etc. It has an IP68 rating, which means it is completely water and dust resistant.
If you look colsely, you will find the S8 Active very simliar to the S8. It has the same 5.8-inch Ouad HD SUPER AMOLED display with 18.5:9 screen ratio. Just the difference is, S8 Active lacks the curvy infinity display and the back comes in matte texture for better grip with a fingerprint sensor. Moreover, the S8 Active will come in two flavors i.e Meteor Gray & Titanium Gold
Although the official specs are not available yet, but we believe those would be same as what we have posted earlier. The heart will be powered by a Snapdragon 835 chipset, with a whooping 4GB of RAM, 64GB storage with a choice of expansion via an SD Card. The optics give a 12MP f/1.7 rear camera, and an 8MP front selfie shooter. The battery has been revamped from 3500mAh to 4000mAh, which is undoubtedly a betterment than the S8.
Features of the Galaxy S8 Active:
Here are some of the features which AT&T discolsed today
- Durable Design – Constructed with military-grade materials for the utmost durability. This shatter, dust and water-resistant smartphone has a metal frame and bumper to protect against shock, abrasion, tilting or twisting. The back cover also has a rugged, tough texture for a secure grip.
- Meet Bixby – Bixby is a smarter way to use your Galaxy S8 Active with an intelligent interface that learns from you to help you get more done. Bixby includes intelligent vision, voice, a personalized home page and smart reminders. It’s like having a personal and intelligent voice assistant at your fingertips.8
- Activity Zone – With a simple swipe or press of a button, the Hello Bixby home screen greets you with quick access to active lifestyle features such as a stopwatch, barometer, compass, and flashlight. This makes Bixby a great companion for your outdoor adventures.
- Expansive Screen & Durability – A shatter-resistant screen that provides a protective layer for the 5.8-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Display. The screen’s 18.5:9 aspect ratio provides an expansive display making the device easier to hold, so you can enjoy bright, vivid colors while watching your favorite shows and movies on DIRECTV NOW.9
- Long-lasting Battery – A battery that won’t slow you down. You can power up wirelessly with a large 4,000 mAh battery.9
- Smart Camera – Samsung’s best smartphone camera is now even smarter. The advanced 12MP F1.7 Dual Pixel rear camera and 8MP F1.7 Smart autofocus front camera deliver bright, sharp photos, even in low-light conditions.
- Strong Security – The Galaxy S8 Active is secured from the “chip up” with Samsung Knox, the defense-grade mobile security platform designed to protect the integrity of the device. It also offers a selection of biometric features such as fingerprint and iris scanners. Samsung Knox has become a trusted and robust security solution with 29 governments trusting it to secure their workforce.
So, this is what the Galaxy S8 Active has to offer. Altough it is exclusive to AT&T for a while, we hope the non-AT&T users would get their hands on soon enough. Let us know your views of the S8 Active via the comments section below.