Official TWRP recovery is now available for Xiaomi Mi 5 and Xiaomi Redmi 4X with both devices listed on TeamWin’s website. Although both devices already had unofficial TWRP recovery available, the official support now enables them to get faster releases and better support with each new version that is released. Xiaomi has also been working on Android 7.0 Nougat releases for various Xiaomi devices which could see the release of various other custom ROMs for the two handsets.
With latest TWRP images already available for both santoni (Redmi 4X) and gemini (Mi 5) users on stock firmware would need to unlock the bootloader of their devices before installing the custom recovery.
Download TWRP for Xiaomi Mi 5 and Xiaomi Redmi 4X
The latest TWRP 3.1.1-0 contains the following changes:
- Backups will now include adopted storage keys (Dees_Troy)
- Fixed an adb restore issue (bigbiff)
- Fixed rebooting when no OS is present (Dees_Troy)
- Fixed line wrapping in the GUI terminal (_that)
- Updated TWRP source code to AOSP 7.1.2 (Dees_Troy)
Note: Some users are reporting nonfunctioning USB-OTG and storage mount issues. Kindly check whether these functionalities are working in the latest TWRP build for your device.