Table of Contents Hide
- Android 7.0 Nougat update for Xperia XA firmware info
- What’s New with the OTA Update?
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware full FTF Files for Sony Xperia XA and Xperia XA Ultra
Right from its inception, Android 7.0 Nougat is marking its presence in every major smartphone devices. And Japanese smartphone giant Sony is no exception. So, a few days ago Sony has rolled out the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update for its mid-range smartphones Xperia XA. You can now download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for your device.
This update is a follow-up to the Android Nougat update to the Sony Xperia XA Ultra. The Nougat update is live across all five variants of the Xperia XA including the F3111, F3113, F3115 single SIM models.
The update also follows for the F3112, F3116 dual SIM models as well. The firmware update for the Xperia XA devices comes with the build number 33.3.A.0.127. It also gives your device the latest May 5, 2017, security patch from the AOSP.
The screenshot below shows the new firmware info with the May 5, security patch
Android 7.0 Nougat update for Xperia XA firmware info
So let’s see about the firmware info in a nutshell.
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
AOSP Security Patch: May 5, 2017
Sony: Xperia XA, Xperia XA Ultra
SIM: Single and DUAL SIM
Single Sim Models: F3111, F3113, F3115
Dual Sim Models: F3112, F3116
Supported Network: LTE 4G
Build Number: 33.3.A.0.127
Size: 840 MB
Firmware file type: FTF Download
What’s New with the OTA Update?
Well, with this OTA update You can experience a lot of new and cool features.
Most noteworthy features are,
- Split screen multitasking.
- Customizable quick settings.
- ‘Double Tap’ on the Recent button to switch between the most recently used apps.
- Google Doze Mechanism for extended battery life.
- Enhanced Shutter Speed Control and Manual Focus on the camera.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware full FTF Files for Sony Xperia XA and Xperia XA Ultra
The firmware links for Xperia XA and XA Ultra are given below, choose your device properly and region to download the same. Since these are FTF firmware files, so You need to have specific Sony Flash Tool/Xperifirm to install the firmware. If you don’t know how to download Sony firmware, head over to this step by step tutorial.
Note: The links given below are one click download links from the Mega App. If you are a mobile user, you will need to download the Mega app in order to download these firmware files. However, desktop users can directly download the same by opening the link in new tab.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Sony Xperia XA Ultra
- Xperia XA Ultra Dual| Download| File: F3216_36.1.A.0.179_R1B…02-4358.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra Dual| Download| File: F3212_36.1.A.0.179_R1B…08-1045.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra| Download| File: F3215_36.1.A.0.179_R1B…02-9720.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra| Download| File: F3213_36.1.A.0.179_R2B…02-9695.ftf
- Xperia XA Ultra| Download| File: F3211_36.1.A.0.179_R2B…02-4774.ftf
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Xperia XA
- Xperia XA Dual| Download| File: F3116_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4387.ftf
- Xperia XA Dual| Download| File: F3112_33.3.A.0.127_R1B…02-4396.ftf
- Xperia XA| Downlaod| File: F3115_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4361.ftf
- Xperia XA| Download| File: F3113_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4377.ftf
- Xperia XA| Download| File: F3111_33.3.A.0.127_R2B…02-4459.ftf
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Xperia XA?
After you download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware, you have to install it through FTF firmware files. These files come with the .ftf extension.
In addition to that, these are exclusive to Sony Android phones and the FTF files are required if your device is rooted.
There are two ways to install the firmware.
- Install the latest firmware by flashing your device with the latest Flash Tool.
- Install using Sony Xperia PC Companion.
Therefore, now that you have all the links and resources, what are you waiting for?! Download the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for your Sony Xperia XA and enjoy all the latest features of Android 7.0. Let us know in the comments section below if you face any issues. Also, share your experience with us.