Gradually, the Chinese manufacturer Lenovo has been updating most of its premium devices to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware like the Lenovo K3 Note, Lenovo A7000, ZUK Z1, etc. The latest Android device to the addition is yet another Note series device named the Lenovo K4 Note A710A48. Even though the device has seen the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Vibe UI V6 firmware earlier, the update did not roll out across the globe. It was available in some selected regions only. Recently, Lenovo tweeted about the latest Android 6.0 update for the K4 Note in India. The new update brings the latest build number A7010a48_S214_160527_ROW which is an incremental OTA update for the A7010a48_S213_160524_ROW that came earlier. This new update brings many bug fixes, stability improvements and not to mention the latest Android M goodies like app permissions, Doze Mode, Google Now on Tap, etc. New Vibe UI v6 is an emerging new OS and has been gaining a lot of popularity.
Many have claimed to receive this OTA update. However, these sources are not to be trusted. Here we have brought to you the updates from verified sources. So hit the download section below and grab the latest Android 6.0 S214 ROW OTA update for your Lenovo K4 Note. This update is not just for the Indian region but for all the global variants. It can be installed on all the variants; provided your phone does not come with a carrier subscription. We have also listed the previous OAT and full firmware files just in case if you are coming from Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Here is what Lenovo tweeted about the update yesterday:
— Lenovo India (@Lenovo_in) June 1, 2016
Lenovo K4 Note latest Marshmallow Firmware details:
- Device: Lenovo K4 Note
- Model no: A7010a48
- AOSP source: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Vibe UI version 6.0
- Firmware: A7010a48_S214_160527_ROW_WC911850F6
- Region: Global
- Release Date: June 1, 2016
- Status: Official Stable
- Type:Incremental OTA Update Image
- File: A7010a48_S213_160524_ROW_TO_A7010a48_S214_160527_ROW_WC911850F6_2.zip
Download Lenovo K4 Note A710A48 Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA
- Update from A7010A48_S213 TO A7010A48_S214 | Direct Link
- Update from A7010A48_S211 TO A7010A48_S213 | Direct link
- Update from A7010A48_S209 TO A7010A48_S211
- Update from A7010A48_S208 TO A7010A48_S209
- Update from A7010A48_S206 TO A7010A48_S207
- Update fromA7010A48_S152 TO A7010A48_S214
- A7010A48_S152 TO A7010A48_S213
- A7010A48_S152 TO A7010A48_S211
Download Android 5.1 lollipop For Lenovo K4 Note:
- A7010A48_S143 TO A7010A48_S147
- A7010A48_S147 TO A7010A48_S148
- A7010A48_S148 TO A7010A48_S150
- A7010A48_S150 TO A7010A48_S152
Download SP Flash Tool and Drivers For Lenovo
- Lenovo SP Flash Tool → Download | File: SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1612.00.000.rar
- Lenovo Drivers → Download
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update on Lenovo K4 Note with Stock Recovery
- This procedure can work with Lenovo stock recovery and TWRP recovery as well.
- Download the stock OTA update from above. (Check out the firmware version and choose the proper file and proceed.)
- Now as a safe option, make two copies of the downloaded OTA package. Keep one copy in the internal storage (not in any folder) and other in micro SD card as a backup option. That way even if the update procedure fails, you still have other option.
- Now rename the update package to update.zip (internal storage)
- Reboot into stock or custom recovery (Turn off the device completely and hold Power button + the two volume buttons). Then select English as recovery language.
- From within the recovery, select the install update package option.
- You will see a warning message. Click yes and twill start.
How to Install Lenovo K4 Note Latest S214+ Marshmallow Firmware Update For A710A48 With SP Flash Tool?
this is an alternative option if the above option fails. SP flash tool is mostly used if you are flashing the full stock firmware or a factory image onto many devices including the Lenovo, Elephone, etc. However, OTA updates will work flawlessly or if the above method fails. So download the Lenovo K4 Marshmallow firmware update file, SP flash tool and proceed with the tutorial here: How to Install Marshmallow Updates on Elephone and Lenovo devices with SP Flash Tool? Follow and like us on social media. For queries comment down below.
Source: Android Central, XDA, Twitter, Lenovo Forums