After a long break, the developers at TeamWin Recovery Project, known as TWRP, have released a new build v3.0.0 with a completely new theme and tons of stunning features. The new theme looks like material design. A true terminal emulator has been embedded right inside the TWRP recovery. The AOSP base has been updated to 6.0. Many such features and upgrades have been incorporated with the TWRP 3.0.0. Check out the full changelog below. Also, take a look at the images below.
Here’s the changelog posted by the TWRP team. It’s not a complete list of all tweaks and fixes, but it covers the main points.
- Completely new theme – Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab, and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
- Language translation – It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be available on most devices. Also, some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
Now as we know, TWRP is a custom recovery that helps us flash custom packages like SuperSU, MODs, custom ROMS, etc. and bring the most out of our Android devices. The developers at TWRP has done a great job for bringing a support to most of the Android devices officially. If you can’t find the official build for your device, then you may most likely find it at XDA-Developers.
If you are looking forward to setting up TWRP recovery on your device, then take a look at our installation tutorial using various methods.
Download and Install New TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery:
Download the latest TWRP build for your device:
→ Download |File: TWRP-3.0.0-0.img
Now follow this tutorial to flash the TWRP recovery: