Nova Launcher remains one of the most widely-used third-party launchers for Android after several years, despite being acquired by Branch. The developers recently released Nova Launcher v8 which supports a dynamic theming engine based on Material You present in Android 11 through 14. Here is the latest Nova launcher 8.0.8 APK available for download with stability improvements.
Nova Launcher 8.0.8 includes various Material You dynamic theming enhancements. This article will highlight the most significant improvements in the new update and provide the latest APK download.
Dynamic Theming Improvements
The highlight of the Nova Launcher 8.0.8 is the support for dynamic theming of the app drawer, home screen, widgets, and text.
The dynamic theming allows users to apply a theme that automatically adjusts based on the system’s color palette, giving a more consistent and seamless experience. With the latest update, Nova Launcher has made this feature even better.
You can pick your favorite wallpaper and the entire phone experience transforms to better express you, from your home screen to some of your favorite apps. This feature is now embedded into Nova Launcher 8. See the following image for reference.
New Color Picker
Nova Launcher 8.0.8 comes with a new color picker in the long-press menu for widgets that support Material You colors.
Widget customization capabilities are new in version 8.0.8 Simply long-press any widget that supports dynamic theming to change its color or return to the default where it matches other UI elements.
The latest update of Nova Launcher has expanded the range of system color options available in the color picker, making it easier to find the perfect color for your widgets.
This new feature allows users to choose from a broader range of system color options and apply them to their widgets quickly.
Automatically Refresh Dynamic Icon Packs
Nova Launcher has made it even easier to use dynamic icon packs with the new update. The launcher now automatically refreshes dynamic icon packs when the system color theme changes, so users won’t have to manually re-apply the icon pack after updating.
Restore Some Options from Legacy Nova Settings
Nova Launcher has restored some options from the legacy Nova settings in version 8.0.8. The launcher has also fixed some minor bugs and optimizations.
Fix Wallpaper Zoom and Search Widget Crash
Two of the most notable fixes in Nova Launcher 8.0.8 are the wallpaper zoom on supported devices and the search widget crash on MIUI 14. These fixes should make the launcher even more stable and reliable for users.
- Fix FCs
- Fix Swipe Folder icon background
- Fix Map card deletion
- New “Cards” for app drawer and search (Nova Settings > Cards)
- Media Controls, Weather and Map locations
- Additional Search API Integrations for Slack, Discord, Dropbox, OneDrive and GitHub (Nova Settings > Integrations)
- Improvements to Nova Settings
- Bug fixes
- Immersive app search in Drawer (Nova Settings > Search)
- Auto show keyboard when opening drawer (Above + Nova Settings > Drawer)
- Frequently used shortcuts in drawer (Nova Settings > Drawer. Requires app usage permission))
- Enhance search with integrations with Spotify, Twitch and system Calendar (Nova Settings > Search)
- Additional contact actions
- Fix drag-drop crash on Android 8.1
- Fix root option to hide clock
- Fix wallpaper colors not being respected by icon theme when applied via app
- Fix crash when applying certain icon themes
- Minor fixes
- Updated translations
Nova Launcher 8.0.8 APK Download
Note that Nova Launcher v8.0.8 is beta. So you can either download it by registering on the Play Store beta program. (link below)
OR directly download it from the Tesla Coil servers.
For betas installed outside of the Play Store, you can update from Nova Settings > Nova Launcher Version > Beta. You can also enable automatic update checks in this menu.
- Latest Nova Launcher 8 beta APK
- Download from AndroidSage Telegram Channel
Play Store Download Link
- Register for Nova Launcher Beta on Play Store (Beta Program)