Google recently renamed Google Camera to Pixel Camera. The camera from Pixel 8 Pro is now v9.1. The Pixel Camera 9.1 is now available for download with stunning features like Ultra HDR, new UI, revamped controls, and more.
The #MadeByGoogle ‘23: Keynote Event showcased tons of new features and software upgrades for the Pixel 8 series. The most anticipated is the new Pixel Camera 9.1 with a new user interface, revamped controls, new Ultra HDR +, and much more.
This includes the most notable revamped user interface (UI) for switching between camera modes. The new camera app includes a toggle to switch between Photo and Video modes thus streamlining the photo and video shooting experience.
The UI has been further refined in the latest Pixel Camera 9.1 by revamping controls for “Brightness,” “Shadow,” “White Balance,” and “Exposure” catering to video enthusiasts. Whereas, the enhanced adjustments for “Speed” facilitate seamless transitions in slow-motion and time-lapse footage.
The all-new “Night Sight” feature now resides discreetly in a dedicated section at the bottom, conveniently accessible through the newly introduced button in the lower right corner.
Exclusive to the Pixel 8 Pro, this section also hosts advanced ‘Pro’ settings, including ISO and shutter speed, offering a comprehensive toolkit for photography aficionados.
Revamped Quick Settings now feature a sleek bottom sheet menu, replacing the previous floating window design.
Furthermore, Pixel Camera 9.1 adds a new option in advanced settings called ‘Rich color in photos’. This option enables using the Display P3 format instead of sRGB, allowing devices to capture vibrant, wide gamut color images in JPEG format, all without the need for 10-bit HDR.
Pixel Camera Ultra HDR Feature
The Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro are the first Android phones to capture photos in Ultra HDR. This is an innovative new featrue exclusive to Pixed devices and may evrywell change the course of mobile photography.
Google also put out an explanation of Ultra HDR image format, a fresh take on the standard JPEG format.
Ultra HDR+ helps your photos look their best by bringing out vibrant colors, brighter highlights and darker shadows.
Pixel Camera Features
Pixel Camera 9.1 update reorganizes the order of the camera modes, eliminating the need for the “More” tab, resulting in a more intuitive and accessible camera app.
Key changes in Pixel Camera include:
• New Camera UI that makes it easier to navigate through all the different photo and video modes
• RAW improvements that enhance the editing workflow
• Pro Controls unlock advanced camera settings like shutter speed, ISO, and more (on Pixel 8 Pro only)
• High Res 50MP Photography for richer detail (on Pixel 8 Pro only)
• General bug fixes and improvements
Reorganized Photo and Video Modes
In Google Camera v9.0, photo and video modes are now neatly organized into tabs for easy access. Here’s a breakdown of the reorganized tabs:
Photo mode tabs:
- Action Pan
- Long Exposure
- Photo (main)
- Night Sight
- Photo Sphere
Video mode tabs:
- Video (main)
- Slow motion
- Time Lapse
This new organization makes it easier for users to switch between different photography modes quickly, ensuring they capture the perfect shot every time.
Video Stabilization Modes in Quick Settings
Google Camera v9.0 adds video stabilization modes to the Quick Settings panel.
Quick Settings Panel Enhancement
The Quick Settings panel now opens by simply swiping up, enhancing the overall usability of the camera app. Additionally, the shortcut button has been moved to the bottom left corner for more convenient access.
Zoom Slider for Pixel 6
The new update adds the much-needed zoom slider, previously exclusive to the Pixel 7, to the Pixel 6. This feature allows for effortless zooming while shooting, giving users greater control over their compositions.
Front Camera and Gallery Buttons Swap
The buttons to switch to the front camera and open the gallery have been swapped, making it convenient for users to access these functions.
Updated Themed Icon
Pixel Camera features a new icon! The updated themed icon adds a fresh look to the app.
Android 14 Support
However, Pixel Camera has a minimum SDK version 34 (corresponding to Android 14). This means it is only compatible with the latest Android operating system. For Android 13 support, stay tuned for GCAM 9.0.
Pixel Camera APK Download
Here download the latest Pixel Camera 9.1.098.571038950.24 (arm64-v8a) (nodpi) (Android 13+) APK extracted directly from the Play Store.
Starting with Android 11, Google released apps in Split APKs (multiple APKs) format. This means the app is split into several packages including the base and config APK files. This solves the compatibility issue and helps install apps like the Google Camera APK on any Android device featuring different dpi, screen resolution, screen size, architecture, and more.
Hence, the package size also increases. The previous Google Camera APK we listed weighed a whopping 628 MB in size before installation.
- Pixel Camera 9.1 APKs (628 MB)
- Pixel Camera 9.1 (Wear OS) APK (2.8 MB)
How to install Pixel Camera on your Android device manually?
- Download the Google Camera APKs file to phone storage.
- Extract it if it is a zip file.
- Download and install either SAI (direct download SAI-4.5.apk) or the Apktool M installer. Direct link Apktool_M_v2.4.0.
- Launch Apktool M and locate the GCAM APKs file.
- Select the file and click install.
- Select all the options.
- Launch the game and enjoy!
GCAM 9.1 APK Download
Here we have the latest Gcam 9.1 MOD APK from various developers like BSG, cstark, Arnova, Parrot. So stay tuned while the development takes place in real-time. This will support Android 13, 12, 11, or earlier.
- Download GCAM 9.1 APK
- Download GCAM 9.0 APK from Pixel 8 (Pro)
- Download GCAM 8.9 APK port
- Download stable GCAM 8.8 APK
- Stable GCAM 8.6 APK by BSG for all Android phones
- Download stable GCAM 8.4 APK by Parrot for your Android phones
- GCAM GO 3.8 APK For All Android Phones With Night Sight, HDR+, and AUX
- Get GCAM For Every Samsung Galaxy Device Exynos and Snapdragon
- Best GCAM 8.6.263 APK by Arnova and BSG
- Gcam 8.4.600 MOD APK Download
- Best Collection of GCAM 8.1 APK for all Android devices
- Download GCAM For Any Android Device
- Gcam 8.4 APK by Arnova
- Stable GCAM 8.4.400 APK V2
- Google Camera Go 2.8 APK for all Android phones [GCAM GO 2.8]
- Gcam 8.3 APK Mod from Pixel 6 Pro
- Gcam 8.2.400 APK
Thanks to Google News Telegram Channel