Samsung unveiled “One UI 5 Watch” OS a couple of months ago featuring the next-gen software for the popular Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5 series devices. The firm also has an active One UI Watch 5 Beta Program where users in the United States can sign up. Today’s third One UI 5 Watch OS update features the latest security patch level and major bug fixes.
The third beta is a major update with build ZWFC featuring some critical bug fixes related to performance, boot speed, battery drain, lag, and more. Samsung further addressed the lag and sluggishness immediately after the watch reboots.
Samsung also brought Some improvements to sudden battery discharge issues. They also improved boot speed partially.
Fixed the issue that blood oxygen concentration is not recorded during sleep. Modified not to display BP (blood pressure) tile.
Most importantly fixed the issue the screen was hard to see because the screen is dark when outside outdoor.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 users in the United States can now download the second One UI 5 Watch OS beta on their watches by signing up for the beta program. The Samsung Members app will show you the notice about the latest update. The beta program is now available in the United States and South Korea. Coming soon in India, UK, EU (Europe), Australia, and Canada.
One UI Watch 5 OS is based on Android 13. This is a direct jump from Android 11 to 13, skipping the 12. You will also see Google Wear OS 4 features in the upcoming updates.
Samsung is focusing on 3 key features in the latest One UI Watch 5 update, those are – sleep management, fitness features, and user safety.
Plus, the beta also brings the most anticipated Backup and Restore functionality! We may also see the new Watch Face Studio from Wear OS 4 in collaboration with Google and Samsung to bring new ways to design Watch Faces. Checkout the full changelog below.
One UI 5 Watch OS Beta 3 Full Changelog and Features
- Major changes and improvements
- Fixed the issue that blood oxygen concentration is not recorded during sleep
- Fixed the issue that is hard to see because the screen is dark in outdoor
- Modified not to display BP (blood pressure) tile
- Some improvement to battery sudden discharge issues and Improved boot speed partially
- Software update information
- Version: R860XXU1 ZWFC/R8600 XM1 ZWFC/
- Size: 424.03 MB
- Security patch level: July 1, 2023
How to download One UI Watch 5 Beta on Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5?
One UI Watch 5.0 update will be available for download on the Galaxy Watch 4 (Bluetooth) (LTE) (Classic) and Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro via One UI 5.0 watch beta program. So stay tuned.
- Download or update the latest Samsung members app update from Play Store. Or download it from our Telegram Channel.
- Launch the members app.
- Sign in using your Samsung Account associated with your Galaxy Watch.
- Head over to the notice section and you should see a new One UI Beta Program link.
- Tap the notice and fill in the details.
- Once registered, you can visit settings > system updates > download OTA updates to check for any updates.
Downloads will appear only when the One UI Watch Beta program is live.