Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Bluetooth and Watch 4 Classic LTE are now receiving the latest April 2023 security patch featuring Samsung Health updates. This takes the firmware of Galaxy Watch to the latest offering from Google’s Wear OS 3.5.
The latest April 2023 update for the Samsung Watch 4 updated the Samsung Health app. While the patch notes do not say much other than improvements to the system, the OTA comes in a huge package weighing 300 MB in size.
This is a big update for just a security patch. There may be many under-the-hood changes and improvements to the system.
The previous Watch 4 update enabled some One UI 5.1 features. The OTA came with new Camera Controller Zoom features with pinch-to-zoom capabilities, self-diagnosis tools, and some One UI 5.1 feature hints.
The February 2023 update also offered fix for a critical bug where raise-to-wake won’t work correctly. This bug was introduced in the previous update GWA3 with the same changelog.
The GWD6 is a major update weighing about 300 MB in size. It features the latest Android security patches from Google. The Watch 4 series will receive February 2023 security patch later this month.
What’s new with Galaxy Watch 4 April 2023 update?
As per the changelog, the R870XXU1GWD6 build features the following:
- Samsung Health
- Application Updated
- Improved system stability and reliability
- New Camera Controller feature added
- Change zoom on your phone camera remotely through pinching in or out on the screen, or through rotating the bezel.
- This feature is only supported on flagship models released after Samsung Galaxy S20 or Z Flip running at least One UI 5.1.
- Samsung Members and self-diagnostic tests
- A new “Connected device diagnostics” option has been added to check the proper performance of the Galaxy Watch’s battery status, touch screen function, etc. on the connected phone.
- Please update Samsung Members and Galaxy Wearable app to the latest versions for using the ‘Connected device diagnostics’ feature.
- Stability and reliability
- The stability has been improved.
How to update your Samsung Galaxy Watch?
The latest firmware for Samsung smartwatches is Wear OS 3.5 based on Android 11. The Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5 devices run on Samsung’s custom One UI Watch 4.5 firmware.
Here is how to download the latest update on Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5. OTA can be downloaded in regions including China, Europe, India, and the United States.
- Make sure you have connected to a WiFi network on your Galaxy Watch.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Software Update.”
- Download OTA updates manually.
You can also download OTA updates for Galaxy Watch by visiting the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
Join our Telegram Channel for more updates.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.