Last month, Nothing Tech founder Carl Pei confirmed that Android 13 for Nothing Phone 1 is coming in mid-December. As we approach December 15th, the final call for the Nothing OS 1.5 beta version has been made and the firmware is ready for a rollout starting today. Here, download the first Android 13 update for Nothing Phone 1 based on Nothing OS 1.5 beta firmware.
Users who have registered for the Nothing OS 1.5 Open Beta program are now receiving emails about whether they have been shortlisted or not.
According to the email, registered users can download the Nothing OS 1.5 open beta firmware by filling up the final form linked at the bottom.
It also warns the users that some apps like Google Play and Netflix may not work. Also, downgrading to Android 12 is only possible by flashing the full firmware via ADB commands. This means a factory reset is the only way. So backup!
Here is what you should know before you download Nothing OS 15:
- This is Beta software. It isn’t final and could be unstable in parts.
- You might not be able to use Netflix and Google Pay.
- Downgrading to Android 12 requires using ADB commands to flash the device with a computer, and may result in data loss.
- If you’re not comfortable with this, please don’t proceed with the Android 13 upgrade.
Download Nothing OS 1.5 (Android 13 Open Beta)
We will list the OTA download links here once the Open Beta program kicks off. So we have got you covered.
- Nothing OS 1.5 Open Beta 1 Full OTA Download (post link)
The latest update that the Phone 1 received is the Nothing OS 1.1.7 OTA for Global and European variants based on Android 12. The software is quite stable now as compared to the launch.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.