Earlier last month, OnePlus released the stable version of Android 12 for the entire OnePlus 8 series. It featured the most anticipated Oxygen OS 12 with all the goodies. Soon after, the firm released yet another hotfix OTA update for the OnePlus series with the build Oxygen OS 12 C.15.
Amidst all of this, OnePlus seemed to have forgotten the EU variants. OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T European variants were still stuck on the previous Oxygen OS 11 firmware, for a long time with no sign of a software update. Maybe because the software update wasn’t quite stable and needed some tuning, as reported in our downgrade tutorial.
Today, OnePlus finally released stable Oxygen OS 12 C.15 build for the EU variants. The software update includes the first Android 12-based C.11 and the latest C.15 patches. Here, download Oxygen OS 12 C.15 build for OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 8T for (EU variants) with Android 12.
The latest update features all the Android 12 goodies like the new wallpaper-based theme engine, Privacy dashboard, Material You design, along with the latest Oxygen OS 12 firmware changes and updated OnePlus apps. Check out the complete changelog below.
Furthermore, you get Oxygen OS 12 native features like a custom version of Material You design, Dark Mode with 3 adjustable levels, improved Shelf, Canvas AOD, and much more. Checkout the complete changelog and also download OxygenOS 12 from below.
OxygenOS 12 Features and Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios
- [Optimized] the charging speed in some scenarios
- [Optimized] the communication stability when making a phone call
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to use face unlock
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal display when enabling applications in some scenarios
- [Improved] system stability
- [Fixed] the abnormal notification issue of “Camera is running”
Download OxygenOS 12 for OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, 8T EU variants with Android 12
Here you can download and install stable Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 firmware update for OnePlus 8, 8Pro, and 8T series smartphones. The full stock firmware is now available for the European (EU) variants, as well and Indian, and North American variants. Stay tuned for the full stock firmware zips and EU variants.
The full OTA weighs only 4GB in size. Install via local upgrade method.
The following packages are intended for the model numbers as listed below:
- Packages with build tag IN11DA are intended for the following variant:
IN2021: India Download
- Packages with build tag IN11AA are intended for the following variant:
IN2025: Global Download
- Packages with build tag IN11BA are intended for the following variant:
Download Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 8
- Europe OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 12.1 C.15 EEA
Download Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 8 Pro
- Europe OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 12.1 C.15 EEA
Download Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 8T
- Europe OnePlus 8T OxygenOS 12.1 C.15 EEA
Bonus Download Oxygen OS 12 for OnePlus 9T
- OnePlus 9R
- India (LE2101_11.C.14):
How to update OnePlus 8 series to Oxygen OS 12 via full stock firmware?
Most of the above-listed updates are incremental OTA updates. Meaning, you need to be on the previous Oxygen OS 11 firmware and install the OTA zip via stock recovery or via adb commands.
Visit this tutorial here for incremental OTA: How to install OTA updates on any Android device?
Alternatively, for full updates, do the following:
MP version – Stable official version
DP version – Developer Preview version
OBT Version – Open Beta version
MP and OBT to DP upgrade guide—via Local OTA Update
Note: This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.