Earlier this year, OnePlus concluded the Open Beta program for OnePlus 6/6T and released a stable version of Android 11 based on Oxygen OS 11 for the international variant. After nearly 3 months, T-Mobile has stepped in and finally released Android 11 for OnePlus 6T in the United States.
Software updates for smartphones in the United States are very much dependent on the network carriers. That’s the main reason why OTA updates. Carriers like T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon release custom software updates for their supported smartphones. OnePlus 6T is one such cell phone which is now receiving Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11 today.
Furthermore, another reason for the delay could be that the first stable update wasn’t stable at all. The manufacturer later had to release a HotFix update for OnePlus 6 and 6T devices with firmware build Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11.
Today’s update for T-Mobile OnePlus 6T features all the Android 11 goodies. You get Oxygen OS 11 features with a revamped user interface, updated OnePlus apps; especially the updated OnePlus camera app with new UX. It also brings the newer security patch level from October 2021.
For the first time, Ambient Display makes its way to the OnePlus 6 and 6T. You can access it from Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display. Checkout the complete changelog from below.
Complete changelog – Android 11 for T-Mobile OnePlus 6T
While the update screen for T-Mobile OnepLus 6T only says Android 11, here is the complete changelog from the international variant.
• Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
• Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
• Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
• Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
• Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
• Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
• Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
• Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
• Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
• Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
• Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
• Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
• Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Download Android 11 for T-Mobile OnePlus 6T based on OxygenOS 11
Simply go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> and Check for OTA updates on your T-Mobile OnePlus 6T devices.