Earlier this month, OnePlus released an exciting new firmware update for the entire OnePlus 8 series with Bitmoji for AOD support. That was under the OEM’s Open Beta program for the respective devices. With this feature, you get Bitmoji integrated right into the Ambient Display on the lock screen. We were expecting Bitmoji support in the next OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update. However, the new OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 is a mere security patch bump.
New OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 firmware update released today for OnePlus 8T IN & EU variants and OOS 220.127.116.11 for NA variants. It brings May 2021 security patch level and a bunch of minor bug fixes. The update also improved wireless charging stability for the OnePlus 8 Pro. Improved the smoothness while sliding on the home screen. Checkout the complete changelog from below.
OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 is now live for the Indian and EU variants and OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for North American variant of OnePlus 8T as well.
- IN: 126.96.36.199.KB05DA
- EU: 188.8.131.52.KB05BA
- NA: 184.108.40.206.KB05AA
OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 for OnePlus 8T Changelog
- Improved the smoothness while sliding on the home screen
- Fixed the screenshot capturing failure from the accessibility menu
- Fixed the low probability issue that the low battery notification not working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Fixed the occasional issue that newly captured photos were not saved as expected
- Fixed the abnormal UI display in Guest Mode
- Fixed the occasional issue of opening up the contact card failure
- Fixed the issue that the calling page is not displayed during a call
- Improved network performance
Download Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 for OnePlus 8T
The update is currently live for the Indian, European, and the United States variants. Download and install the latest Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 OTA update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro from below. The OTA weighs only 363 MB in size. However, the following are full packages weighing ~3 GB in size. Install via local upgrade method.
The following packages are intended for the model numbers as listed below:
- Packages with build tag KB05BA are intended for the following variant: KB2003: EU
- Packages with build tag KB05DA are intended for the following variant: KB2001: India
- Global devices (KB2005) with build tag KB05AA zips use Google OTA servers, thus making impossible to capture full OTA zips.
- KB2000 units are Chinese units.
- KB2007 units are T-Mobile units running their own version of OxygenOS labelled KB09CB.
- KB05AA International | Full Update
- KB05BA Europe | 126.96.36.199: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.25_GLO_0250_2105181828
- KB05DA India | 188.8.131.52: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.I.24_GLO_0240_2105181829
Previous OxygenOS update for OnePlus 8T
- KB05AA International | 184.108.40.206: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.O.23_GLO_0230_2103221818
- KB05BA Europe | 220.127.116.11: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.E.24_GLO_0240_2103221851
- KB05DA India | 18.104.22.168: OnePlus8TOxygen_15.I.23_GLO_0230_2103221814
Notes and installation instructions
If your device is on the stable channel, you can install the previous Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 stable build from above and check for OTA updates from settings > system updates.
The installation should be same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. The tutorial should help and also know various OnePlus 8 series variants!
Alternatively, you can download the Oxygen Updater app on Play Store and check for the OTA updates.