Table of Contents Hide
Last month, we reported that the entire OnePlus 7 series including the 7T started receiving stable Android 11 update based on Oxygen OS 11. We also published a tutorial on how to get Oxygen OS 11 onto T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro variant by converting it into an international variant. While converting your device into international variant has its perks, you don’t need to go through all the hassle just to get Adroid11. T-Mobile just rolled out Android 11 for OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T based on Oxygen OS 11.
Carrier variants in the United States are always last to receive software update as they have to go through the network carrier’s line of updates. The North American variants are just now receiving Android 11 starting T-Mobile. The carrier just recently completed testing Android 11 firmware update for OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T. At the time of writing, Oxygen OS 11 update is already rolling out.
Android 11 bring tons of exciting new features including Oxygen OS 11 and revamped user interface. It focuses on one-hand usability, new Game Space app, updated camera app, and the latest February 2021 security patch level. Unfortunately, it still lacks the most anticipated Ambient display (popularly known as Always-On-Display) and Google Discover Feed feaures. Instead, you get OnePlus Shelf. Checkout the complete changelog below.
What’s new with T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro Oxygen OS 11 (Android 11) Update
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of the Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Newly added the HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads-up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, Whatsapp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode.
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Optimize the loading screen of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Download Android 11 for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T Oxygen OS 11
So if you have a T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro or 7T, you should receive an OTA update notification. Alternatively, you can manually check for the update via Settings > System > System Updates.
You can also download the full firmware from below. However, as the update s fresh, you may need to wait for the North American variant. Oxygen Updater app can help you get updated as well.
- Download Android 11 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro with Stable Oxygen OS 11
- Download Android 11 using Oxygen Updater app