Last year, OnePlus rolled out stable Oxygen OS 11 firmware update based on Android 11 for the former flagship OnePlus 8 series. While the OnePlus 8T launched with Oxygen OS 11 out of the box, the 8 and 8 Pro devices had to go through and intensive Open Beta program before finally receiving stable Android 11 update. Today, the OnePlus 8 series is finally getting new OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 builds in India, EU, and North America.
The update is currently live in India and will soon extend to Europe and the United States variants. The OTA brings several bug fixes, performance improvements, and the latest March 2021 security patch level. Checkout the complete changelog below.
Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 Changelog
- Optimized the position of the EMERGENCY icon in the lock screen
- Improved the navigation gestures sensitivity during charging
- Fixed the failure issue after changing the customized font
- Fixed the issue that the Splash Screen Information Service may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue that the language in Provision does not follow the system language
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue with the Recorder that the recording quality may not meet the expected result
- Fixed the issue that reusing the wrong fingerprint long press to unlock will cause a flash screen
- Fixed the small probability issue that double-tapping is abnormally triggered when typing
- Fixed the failure issue when waking the voice assistance in lock screen by swiping the icon
- Fixed the issue in which home screen time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Arabic
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Fixed the lagging issue when playing videos recorded by 4K CINE 60FPS
- OnePlus Share
- Fixed the issue that files sent by other third-party devices cannot be received
- Fixed the issue that the alarm clock may not ring as scheduled on workdays
Previous Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 OTA update changelog
- Optimized the experience of using long screenshots
- Optimized the UI display effect of the notification bar
- Improve the stuttering problem of some tripartite applications
- Fixed the small probability issue that Twitter may freeze
- Fixed the issue that opening app split-screen may fail
- Fixed the issue of failure to switch the accent color in a small probability
- Fixed the inaccurate display of the attribution of some numbers
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.01
- Fixed the issue that the video cannot be played in a small probability
- Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
As you can see, the update is identical to the one OnePlus 8T received just yesterday with OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 (version 22.214.171.124 in North America). It brings several system optimizations including position of the EMERGENCY icon in the lock screen. It also improved the sensitivity of navigation gestures during charging. Fixed issues with changing the customized font not applying correctly.
Download Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 for OnePlus 8/8Pro
Here, download and install the latest Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 OTA update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The OTA is currently rolling out for the EU variants in Europe, the Indian variants, and the North American variants (in the United States) as well. OTA download links come directly from the manufacturer’s servers and weigh ~3 GB in size.
Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8 Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11
OnePlus 8 Pro Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168
If your device is on the stable channel, you can install the first Oxygen OS 11 stable build and check for OTA updates from settings > system updates.
The installation should be same as any other OnePlus upgrade via Local Upgrade method. This tutorial should help and also know various OnePlus 8 series variants!
Alternatively, you can download the Oxygen Updater app on Play Store and check for the OTA updates.