Samsung is currently busy rolling out the latest One UI 3 firmware update for some of its latest flagship phones. The Galaxy S21 launched with a newer One UI 3.1 software version. While the S20 series will also receive One UI 3.1, One UI 3 hasn’t completely rolled out completely yet. Some regions and S20 variants are still left behing on software update. This includes the popular S20 FE.
As we reported earlier the international S20 FE variants have already started receiving stable Android 11 update earlier this month. Starting today, a couple of US carriers including Verizon and T-Mobile have Android 11-based One UI 3 update for Snapdragon Galaxy S20 FE (Fan Edition). Additionally, the unlocked variants are also receiving stable One UI 3 update.
The OTA update brings all the Android 11 goodies and latest One UI 3 features as well. It comes with firmware build number G781USQU1CTLC for the S20 FE T-Mobile (SM-G781U) and Verizon (SM-G781U) variants with the newer December 2020 security patch level. As for the Unlocked S20 FE variants (SM-G781U1), the software version is G781U1UEU1CTLD.
Download Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with One UI 3
You can use the SamFirm (Samsung Firmware Downloader) tool and the newly added Frija (also a Samsung Software Downloader) in order to download the full stock firmware directly from Samsung Severs. It will let you download the latest stock firmware in a
.TAR file extension for any Samsung Galaxy device. Go through the following steps.
- First, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader. Here, we used Frija.
- Go to About Phone under Settings on your S20 FE and note down the model number like Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G781U for locked and SM-G781U for unlocked). See screenshot below.
- Find the CSC code for your Galaxy S20 phones from here. Also known as a region or product code. In this case, we are using TMB for T-Mobile.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check decrypt automatically box if you are using Frija or Samfirm Tool.
- Hit check updates option.
- Once the details are shown, hit the download button.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.