Table of Contents Hide
Xiaomi’s popular Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro series devices received a stable Android 10 OTA update earlier this year. However, that was based on MIUI 11. Later this year, the OEm manufacturer announced MIUI 12 firmware upgrade. Soon a lot of Xiaomi devices including the Redmi, Mi, and Poco series started receiving MIUI 12 beta and stable ROMS. Redmi Note 8 Pro received the MIUI 220.127.116.11 earlier this month. Here is the latest MIUI 18.104.22.168 stable ROM for Redmi Note 8.
Xiaomi recently rolled out MIUI 12 update for many Android devices including the Poco F1, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F2, and many more. Here is the stunning MIUI 22.214.171.124 OTA update for the Redmi Note 8 based on Android 10. The device may also receive Android 11 in the future. However, that may take a long time before the Note 8 and 8 Pro even receives it. The latest OTA for the Note 8 features new firmware build number MIUI 126.96.36.199.QCOMIXM. As you can see from the build number, the first alphabet Q represents Android 10.
The update features all the Android 10 goodies including enhanced location permissions, advanced privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation from Google Pixel, dark mode, focus mode, family link, newer security update from September 2020, and more. It also comes with Xiaomi’s exclusive MIUI 12 features listed here.
Download latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 update for Redmi Note 8
Here is the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 global stable recovery ROM or the full OTA update zip for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 based on Android 10. The OTA update comes in a large package of 2.11 GB in size. If you haven’t received the OTA update from settings > system update > download OTA, then grab the full OTA update zip from below and update using the local upgrade method.
If you are on the previous update for Note 8 Pro, you can also check for OTA update by – going to settings > About Phone > System Update > Check for OTA update manually > download OTA.
- Download Redmi Note 8 Stable V220.127.116.11 | Recovery ROM V18.104.22.168.QCOMIXM
How to update Redmi Note 8 to MIUI 12 firmware update?
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Redmi Note 8 Pro device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Redmi device.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.