Samsung provides their smartphones with 2 years of software support giving them two major Android OS upgrades. The Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and the Note 8 are well over 2 years now and will never see Android 10. Same goes for the Galaxy S9 and Note 9 series with last update to Android 10. While the devices will keep on receiving security patch updates for another year, that’s not fair for the most popular Samsung flagship so far. So here are some of the best Android 10 based custom ROMS for Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8.
Here we have a collection of the latest and some of the most stable custom ROMS available for the S8 and Note 8 series right now. Lineage OS 17.1 just went official with Android 10 along with some other popular ROMS like havoc OS, Pixel Experience, and Corvus OS 10. However, due to the nature of Samsung Galaxy phones, official support even for custom ROMS is quite difficult. So some of the custom ROMS based on Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8 are still unofficial ports in beta stage.
Moreover, most of the custom ROMS are only for the Exynos variants. This is because Bootloader for the Snapdragon Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8 variants cannot be unlocked. So you cant install TWRP recovery, and hence, can’t flash a custom ROM.
1. Havoc OS
Havoc OS is one of the most stable Android 10 based custom ROMS for Samsung Galaxy devices right now. Considering the other options, users of Galaxy S8 and Note 8 series highly recommend Havoc OS custom ROM. Most importantly, it just upgraded to Havoc OS 3.7, meaning, its is based on Android 10 and also integrates some Android 11 features like Material design 2.0, Dark Theme Support for AOSP apps, Android R Style screen record dialog, Rounded UI, Face Unlock support, built- in Gapps, Font Customisation, Pixel Lockscreen weather, and much more.
Moreover, it also supports Face Unlock, HD/VoLTE toggle, 4G/LTE Icon toggle, 90 Hz refresh rate toggle, Themes styles and wallpapers support from the Pixel 4, and much more. Checkout the images from below and also see the complete screenshot repository from below.
Download Havoc OS for Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8
- Havoc OS for Samsung Galaxy S8 (dreamlte)
- Havoc OS for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (dream2lte)
- Havoc OS for Samsung Note 8 (greatlte)
Source and Support
Here is a list of all the sources you can get support from for the Havoc OS for Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8.
- Telegram Support Group (Havoc)
- Telegram Announcements Channel (Havoc)
- Discord Server (Havoc)
2. Pixel Experience Plus
Pixel Experience is every one’s favorite when it comes to getting stock Google experience on your Android devices. It comes with all the Pixel 4 features, latest Google UI, latest Google Assistant app, Digital Wellbeing, and support for the latest Google products and services. So you will get the latest Pixel Launcher, themes and style apps, wallpapers app, ringtones, icons, and everything that exists on the Google Pixel 4 (XL) with Android 10 right now.
Everything works with Pixel Experience including Wifi, RIL, Mobile data, GPS, Camera, Flashlight, Camcorder, Bluetooth, Fingerprint reader, NFC, Lights, Sound / vibration. However, there are a few things that may not work like Volte, cast, and according to some reports, even the face unlock feature.
Pixel Experience Plus is an AOSP based ROM, included with Google apps and all the Google Pixel goodies like launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation.
Download Pixel Experience for Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8
- Pixel Experience for Samsung Galaxy S8 (dreamlte) (mega link)
- Pixel Experience for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (dream2lte) (mega link)
- Pixel Experience for Samsung Note 8 (greatlte) (mega link)
Source and Support
Here is a list of all the sources you can get support for the Pixel Experience on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8.
3. Corvus OS
Corvus OS is getting very popular lately among custom ROM flashers. The developers have also been very active in the development and supporting a large number of Android devices. Many have recommended Corvus OS over the past months as it is quite stable for its initial release. Covrus OS also brings Android 10 to the plate for Galaxy S8 series and Note 8.
Corvus OS is inspired by Dirty Unicorn ROM and has many of its features. The ROM is full of customization options and has a dedicated section for each section including Themes, Notifications, Display, Lock Screen, and more. Stability is great with this one. It also gives stock AOSP experience making it light weight and fast. The ROM also includes some Google features like latest Pixel Launcher, Accent picker, Theme backup, Theme styles, wallpapers app, ringtones, icons, and more.
Download Corvus OS for Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8
- Corvus OS S8 v7.0 Vanilla (dreamlte)
- Corvus OS S8+ v7.0 Vanilla (dream2lte)
- Corvus OS N8 v7.0 Vanilla (greatlte)
- Full downloads repository for Corvus OS
Source and Support
Here is a list of all the sources you can get support for the Corvus OS for Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8.
4. Lineage OS 17.1
Lineage OS is one of the most popular custom ROMS out there. It supports a wide range of Android devices. Right from the obsolete phones from years ago to the most recent flagships. Lineage OS 17.1 is based on Android 10 and now supports Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8 unofficially.
Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8
- Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S8 dreamlte (s8) (mega link)
- Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S8+ dream2lte (s8+) (mega link)
- Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy Note 8 greatlte (note 8) (mega link)
Source and Support
Here is a list of all the sources you can get support for the Lineage OS 17.1 OS on Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8.
- Support Channel Telegram
How to update Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, and Note 8 to Android 10?
- Download the custom ROM from above.
- Transfer the ROM file it to you phone storage.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging.
- Download latest TWRP recovery for Samsung.
- See how to root and install TWRP for Samsung.
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery.
- Take a complete Nandroid backup from the recovery menu.
- Go to Wipe and click/swipe on format reset.
- Now go to home menu of the recovery.
- Tap on install option.
- Select the downloaded custom ROM file (it should be a zip file).
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- After installation is finished, reboot your device.
- Further if you want to root your device download and install latest Magisk Manager.
That’s it enjoy Android 10 on your Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, or Note 8.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.