As you already know, Xiaomi re-started Android 9 Pie beta program in order to address some bugs and bring about new features to the recently re-branded Mi Box 4K. This was the third beta program based on Android 9 Pie for the Mi Box S; whereas the first beta for the newly launched Mi Box 4K. However, seems like it has now come to an end and users are reportedly receiving a new stable Android 9 Pie OTA with build 2696 starting today.
The new Mi Box S/4K stable Android 9 update addresses some critical bugs with a fix for voice assistant stops working when an external keyboard is connected. 5G Wi-Fi issue fix. Looks like the issue with 5Ghz WiFi where MiBox S keeps on disconnecting every few minutes or seconds has been finally fixes. AV sync issue when connected to Bluetooth speakers. The previous OTA 3 Beta 1 featured minor bug fixes addressing reversal of Time Zone back to GMT+5.30. Fixed voice search not working within certain apps.
The Mi Box S has come a long way from Android 8.1 Oreo at launch to a second stable 9 Pie update following 3 beta programs. So if you have a Mi Box S or 4K then you should get a new OTA update right now from settings -> about > system updates.
Features of second stable Android 9 Pie 2696 update for Mi Box S/4K
Here is the complete changelog for the 2696 stable Android 9 Pie build:
- Upgrade your Android system to 9.0.
- This build resolve the following critical issues
- Voice assistant stops working when an external keyboard is connected
- 5G Wi-Fi issue (possibly 5Ghz WiFi issue fix for MiBox S keeps on disconnecting every few minutes)
- AV sync issue when connected to BT speakers
Features and changelog from previous updates:
- Changelog for the Mi Box S/4K OTA 3 Beta 1
- Restart beta program for Mi Box S/4K OTA 3 Beta 0 build
- Stable Android 9 Pie with build R2604
- Changelog for the Mi Box S OTA2 Beta 3
- Changelog for the Mi Box S OTA2 Beta 2
- Restart beta program for Mi Box S OTA2 Beta 1
Download latest stable Android 9 Pie update for Mi Box S/4K
Here we have listed the latest Android 9 Pie stable update for the Xiaomi Mi Box S/4K. This is the full firmware (or full OTA update). So regardless if your device is on Android 9 Pie beta program or the stable Android 8.1 Oreo channel, you can still manually install the new OTA zip via recovery method listed below. The OTA comes in a huge package of 654 MB in size.
Download stable Android 9 Pie:
- Mi Box S/4K Android 9 Pie stable | Download OTA zip (direct link)
The OTA update download link comes directly from Android’s repository. This is the full OTA update zip which can easily be sideloaded onto Mi Box S/4K via stock recovery. More OTA updates coming up. Stay tuned!
- Installation tutorial: Xiaomi released stable Android 9 Pie OTA update for Mi Box S again
Image source Facebook group