Table of Contents Hide
If you don’t already know, OnePlus is beta testing Android 10 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T device. This is OnePlus 5 series’ third major Android OS upgrade giving out 3 years of software support. The Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta program started last month and now we are at our third beta update. Here is the latest Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on Oxygen OS 10.
The latest beta for OnePlus 5 series chips in some serious bug fixes and optimizations making it a major update. For one, it optimized the stock icons across the system including call recording, start-up animations, mobile signal, etc. It also optimized access to audio tuner after connecting headphones. The update improved the stability of camera and optimized Wi-Fi transfer speeds. For some reason, it disabled Airtel VoWiFi. The complete changelog is listed below.
Android 10 brings Oxygen OS 10 features with a brand new user interface, customization features in settings, icon shapes displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, improved NightScape for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
The previous Open Beta 2 OTA for the OnePlus 5 and 5T was a small security patch bump. The changelog didn’t include much. It was a simple Android security patch level upgrade to April 2020. However, it did optimize split-screen operation experience.
What’s new with Android 10 Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5 and 5T (Android 10)
- Optimized the system icons in UI of call recording, start-up animations, mobile signal, etc.
- Fixed the bug with access to audio tuner after connecting the earphones
- Fixed the issue with unwanted muting of calls in Google Duo
- Fixed the bug with sending and receiving the messages while registering or activating UPI accounts
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Improved the stability of Camera
Wi-Fi & internet
- Optimized Wi-Fi transfer speed display in Network details
- Disabled Airtel VoWiFi
Download Android 10 based Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5 and 5T (Oxygen OS 10)
Here is the first Android 10 Open Beta 3 firmware update for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on Oxygen OS 10. If you are already on the previous Open Beta build based on Android 9 for the OnePlus 5, then go to settings > system update > check for OTA updates. The OTA comes in a large package around 2.28 GB in size.
Alternatively, if your device is on the stable Oxygen OS 9 or H2OS channel then you will need to manually install Android 10 onto OnePlus phone via local upgrade method. Here are the full stock firmware (ROM) download files.
- Android 10 Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5T | OTA Download Oxygen OS (direct link)
- Android 10 Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5 | OTA DownloadOxygen OS (direct link)
How to update OnePlus 5 and 5T to latest Android 10?
The easiest way to upgrade is via local upgrade method. This requires the full stock firmware update zips listed above. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Visit our previous post on Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 for installation instructions.