Table of Contents Hide
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro launched just last month and the devices have received quite a few OTA updates ever since. The 8 series featured Oxygen OS 10.5 based on Android 10 with many new and exclusive features. While the devices came with some top notch hardware and software specifications, they also dragged along some display problems, according to some users. These display problems range from green tint, black crush, even dark bar on the screen. The last update, that is the Oxygen OS 10.5.6, brought a possible display fix for the OnePlus 8 Pro. Here is another Oxygen OS 10.5.8 HotFix update for the OnePlus 8 Pro with more potential display fixes.
OxygenOS 10.5.8 is now rolling out for the OnePlus 8 Pro with the latest April 2020 security patch and some possible fixes for numerous display issues. While the last update (OOS 10.5.6) had possible green tint fix, explained below, the latest Oxygen OS 10.5.8 changelog mentions “optimized touch and interaction experience”. So if your OnePlus 8 Pro is facing any of the screen issues, then it is highly recommended to update to the latest one. Of course, the manufacturer will never acknowledge any “green-tint” or crushed blacks or any display issues publicly and list them on the OTA update log. So it is possible that some of the display issues may have been fixed. Moreover, it does mention improvements for video quality at low brightness. This could be a potential black crush fix; according to 9to5Google.
Apart from the display fix, the latest update comes with a significantly large changelog. The OxygenOS 10.5.8 OTA features power consumption improvements, better video quality at low brightness, improvements to the overall network connectivity and stability for communications including 5G, Bluetooth, and WiFi. The manufacturer enabled 5G for Telia Norway (EU Only), improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfer speeds, and optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness. The camera also got better with HDR effects. You can check out the complete changelog below from Oxygen Updater.
The previous Oxygen OS 10.5.6 update log (listed below) does not reveal any screen issues. However, according to some users the update had some possible green tint fix; but only partial. After the update, when you switch DC dimming ON, the green tint doesn’t show up. Whereas, with DC dimming OFF, it still shows some green tint; but much better than before. As for the black bar and black crush, it may come later.
Here is a comparison:
What’s new with Oxygen OS 10.5.8 for OnePlus 8?
The Oxygen OS 10.5.8 is currently rolling out in the United States and also in some European countries. As for the EU, the build number may differ from the original available in the USA. Here is an update log from the 8 Pro variant IN11AA. The incremental OTA comes in a large package of 163 MB in size.
- Optimized touch and interaction experience
- Improved power consumption performance of the system
- Improved the video playing effect when in low brightness
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.04
- Improved stability and compatibility of bluetooth connection
- Optimized the HDR video effect
- Improved the shooting experience with Camera and improved stability
- Enable 5G for Telia Network
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfer
- Improved the stability of communication
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness..
Previous Oxygen OS 10.5.6 also featured some possible green tint fix
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Refined the dirt detection capability to be more accurate than ever
- Improved the camera’s shooting experience with the front camera
- Improved the stability
- Communication stability further enhanced
Download latest OxygenOS 10.5.8 OTA Update for OnePlus 8 Pro
You can download the OTA updates, by simply going to Settings app > System Updates > Check for OTA updates. It will automatically download and install the updates, if available.
If you don’t see any update there, you can check the software version of your OnePlus devices in Settings > About Phone and if we have the latest version available below, then download the full stock firmware zip or full ROM zip and install it via Local Upgrade method.
Before you download, checkout the various OnePlus 8 Pro variants
Here is a list of different OnePlus 8 Pro model numbers. Use this to download the firmware packages.
- Packages with build number IN11DA are intended for Indian device variants
- Packages with build number IN11AA and letter O in filename are intended for Global variants
- Packages with build number IN11BA are intended for IN2023: EU European variants
Downloads for OnePlus 8 Pro
- India (IN11DA) OxygenOS 10.5.8 Full OTA download
- International (IN11AA) OxygenOS 10.5.8 download (coming soon…)
- Europe (IN11BA) OxygenOS 10.5.8 Full OTA download
Local Upgrade: This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, backup is very important. Installation instruction here: OnePlus rolls out Oxygen OS 10.5.4 and 10.5.5 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.