Table of Contents Hide
A while ago, OnePlus promised Android 10 for the popular OnePlus 5 and 5T smartphone range. The 5th generation OnePlus smartphones are still very popular and definitely deserve an Android OS update even in 2020. All the newer OnePlus devices are currently running the stable Android 10 update based on Oxygen OS 10. The OnePlus 6 and 6T had to go through a long deal of updates and HotFixes before receiving a true stable Oxygen OS 10 update. OnePlus don’t want to do the same mistake again. So download and install the latest Android 10 beta update for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on Hydrogen OS 10.
Yes, Hydrogen OS 10 (H2OS) beta 1 is now available for download for the OnePlus 5 and 5T right now! Although its not quite public beta, the internal Android 10 beta build just been leaked for the OnePlus 5 series. This new firmware update features Android 10 with latest security patch level. While this is only the Hydrogen OS 10 firmware update meant for the Chinese variants of OnePlus 5 and 5T, it is Android 10 regardless and you can easily switch to Oxygen OS 10 when it is available. If you wish, you can download the latest Android 10 beta for OnePlus 5 and 5T right now!
With this firmware update, your OnePlus 5 will receive all the Android 10 features including enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more. Of course, the stock OnePlus apps and features have also been updated with new customization features in settings, icon shapes displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
So basically most of the features you will find in the Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The H2OS update also means one thing for sure. The Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T is imminent and can be expected any time soon. So stay tuned! Meanwhile, you can expect download this leaked Hydrogen OS 10 for OnePlus 5 series.
Update log for OnePlus 5 and 5T’s Android 10 update H2OS 10
As there is no update log for the Hydrogen OS 10 right now, we are posting the previous changelog listed on the Chinese forum of OnePlus 6’s H2OS 10 firmware update. This is the direct translation.
- Update to Android 10 version
- New UI design, light and smooth operation experience, more details, etc.
- Added location management permissions to support only when using the app
- A new personalization experience that supports icon shape changes applied to shortcut settingsFull screen Gestures
- Added bottom bar to support left and right slide bar switching app experience
- New game space that automatically brings together your favorite games for a smooth game acceleration experienceInformation display
- Supports display of weather, schedule, music and other information based on the scene display screen (Settings – Display – Information Display – Scene Information)SMS
- Add SMS keyword blocking to help you avoid harassing SMS messages (Information – Intercept History – Harassment Intercept Settings – SMS Keyword Intercept)
Download Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and 5T (Hydrogen OS 10 OTA update)
Here is the latest leaked Android 10 Open Beta 1 firmware update for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on Hydrogen OS 10. If you are already on the Open Beta H2OS firmware you will receive an OTA update. Go to settings > system update > check for OTA updates. The OTA comes in a large package around 2.28 GB in size.
Alternatively, if your device is on the stable Oxygen OS or H2OS channel then you will need to manually install Android 10 onto OnePlus phone via local upgrade method. Here are the full stock firmware (ROM) download files.
Before you download, note that Hydrogen OS is the Chinese version of Oxygen OS meant for China. So H2OS won’t feature any Google apps, Play Store, or Play Services. So if you absolutely need Google apps, wait for Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1!
- H2OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5T | OTA Download (direct link)
- H2OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 | OTA Download (direct link)
How to update OnePlus 5 and 5T to latest Android 10?
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available H2OS or Oxygen OS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS. Source