Apparently, most of the popular Nokia smartphones are being updated to latest Android 10 firmware. Started with Nokia 8, the update has spread to Nokia 7 series and ultimately the Nokia 6 series. Yes, the stunning Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus are now receiving stable Android 10 OTA update. HMD Global’s maintained Nokia Mobile Twitter handle stated the following:
Nokia 6.1, more secure and pure! These phone’s are now running on the latest Android 10 update. Get the latest pure Android experience and access the latest features today. What feature do you think will be your most used? Let us know in the comments below!? pic.twitter.com/nhROEHGbNK
— Nokia Mobile (@NokiaMobile) January 8, 2020
Android 10 for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus features a new firmware build number V4.10C. The update screen for both the devices are almost identical; as all the Nokia devices are Android One devices. The main highlights of Android 10 are Dark Mode (termed Dark Theme by Nokia), smart reply, brand new gesture navigation system, advanced privacy and location controls, and the latest Android security patch level. It also brings the latest December 2019 Security Patch for both the devices.
The new update is currently live in the regions of Europe and Asia. The OTA update comes in a large package of nearly 1.4 GB in size. This is because Nokia releases the full stock firmware instead of the incremental OTA. Moreover, you can use the full Android 10 OTA update listed below to manually update your Nokia 6.1 (Plus) phones.
The previous Android 9 Pie for Nokia 6 series featured adaptive battery, adaptive brightness, slice, Digital Wellbeing, new navigation gesture support, and much more. Most importantly, it packs a new camera app with new UI, Google Lens, and Google Motion integration. You get all this plus more with the Android 10.
What’s new with latest Android 10 update for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus?
The Nokia 6.1 (Plus) gets Android 10 with some stunning new features. Android One features stock Android experience close to Google Pixel phones. Nokia also updated their product page for Nokia 6 series with the new Android 10 update:
Privacy settings made easy, replies written faster and all-round improvements that make using your phone feel more natural – Android 10 comes with heaps of new features that will help you get the most out of your Nokia smartphone.
- Dark Theme
- Smart Reply
Here are some screenshots from Android 10 for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus:
Update log for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus Android 10 OTA update:
- Software upgrade – Android 10 (V4.10C)
- Dark mode — Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply — Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture navigation — Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location –
- Google Security Patch (2019-12)
- Update size: 1444.3 MB
Download Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus Android 10 OTA update V4.10C
Following is the latest OTA update zip or full stock firmware upgrade package. The following OTA update is only for the international variant. Chinese variants will be updated soon. Chinese variants will be updated soon. So stay tuned.
- Nokia 6.1 Android 10 WW V4.10C December 2019
Download PL2-410C-0-00WW-B03 (1.43 GB)
- Nokia 6.1 Plus Android 10 WW V4.10C December 2019
Download DRG-410C-0-00WW-B03 (1.43 GB)
How to update Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus to Android 10 stable update?
If you haven’t received the Android 10 OTA update over-the-air, then download the OTA update manually from below and install the OTA update zip file manually. You can use the ADB sideload method listed in our simple tutorial on how to install OTA update on any Android device.
Alternatively, you can try the Stock recovery method:
- Download the OTA update zip file from above.
- Transfer OTA zip to the root directory of internal storage. (outside every folder)
- Power off the device completely, and then press and hold the Power key and Volume Up key together for about 10 seconds.
- Release both the keys when the device vibrates.
- Now your device will get into Bootloader mode.
- Select the Recovery option to get into “Recovery Mode”.
- Select the option “Apply update from SD Card” from the recovery options.
- Navigate to the OTA update zip and select it.
- Confirm installation.
You can also visit the previous Nokia 6 update tutorial from here.