A couple of months ago, Google officially released the stable version of Android 10 for the Pixel series. Android, being an open source operating system, also updated the AOSP source code for all the manufacturers and developers. Soon many smartphone (or OEM) manufacturers started rolling out stable build of Android 10 for their devices including Samsung Galaxy S10, OnePlus 7/7 Pro, Xiaomi K20 Pro, Essential Phone, and more. Nokia too entered the game with their flagship Nokia 8.1. Today, the first stable build of Android 10 is rolling out for the Nokia 7.1 as well.
HMD’s head Juho Sarvikas greeted us with a tweet stating “Nokia 7.1 scores another perfect 10! Upgrade to Android 10 starts today”. There is also a video involved in the tweet which you can see below. It is the stable version of the update and not the beta one. So if you own a Nokia 7.1, then go to settings > system updates > and download the Android 10 OTA update now!
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) December 10, 2019
According to the changelog listed below, the Android 10 update features all the goodies including Dark Mode, smart reply, brand new gesture navigation system, advanced privacy and location control, and the latest November 2019 security patch. Moreover, we have also listed the full Android 10 OTA update below using which you can manually update your Nokia 7.1 devices.
Update log for Nokia 7.1 Android 10 OTA update:
- Notification – Software upgrade – Android 10 (V4.08B)
- Dark mode — Take it easy on your eyes
- Smart reply — Save more time with recommended actions
- Gesture navigation — Get around with a swipe and a pull
- Additional controls for privacy and location –
- Google Security Patch (2019-11)
- Update size: 1274.7 MB
Download Nokia 7.1 Android 10 official OTA update
Stable Nokia 7.1 OTA update is listed below. It features new firmware build number V4.08B. This is the full stock firmware or the full OTA update zip file which is a direct download link officially from Google’s Android One firmware repository. The file comes in a large size of 1.27 GB. You can use it to manually update your device.
- Nokia 7.1 Android 10 OTA update | Download CTL-408B-0-00WW-B03 (Direct)
How to update Nokia 7.1 to Android 10?
Method 1: Via sideloading OTA zip
- Download the OTA update zip file from above.
- Rename the file by adding “-update” at the end of the file name. For example:
- Transfer the OTA zip to phone storage in root folder. Meaning, not inside any folder.
- Open phone pp or dialer app and dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
- Confirm the update to install when prompted.
- Choose install now option.
- Wait for the update to finish and restart when prompted.
Method 2: Via SD card method or ADB sideload method
There are 2 more simpler methods as well. You can also flash the OTA update zip from the stock recovery via SD card method or ADB sideload method. See the full tutorial on how to install OTA updates.