A couple of months ago, OnePlus released Android 10 officially for their flagship phones, right after Google published it for the Pixel series. It’s been a while that OnePlus released any update for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro after stable Oxygen OS 10 update. Today, a new update is available for the two flagships with build number Oxygen OS 10.0.2. It features some critical bug fixes, newer security patch level, and Android 10. According to the update log listed below, it brings several optimizations to the system and battery life with increased standby time, improved Bluetooth connectivity for Android Auto, support for Apple’s AirPods, and most importantly, the October 2019 security patch level.
Oxygen OS 10.0.2 optimized the standby power consumption. Users are now seeing extended battery life when the device is not in use. So if your device drains a lot of battery overnight (when the phone is not in use) then OOS 10.0.2 is highly recommended. Plus, you will see performance improvements across various communications channels like network, phone calls, mobile data, and WiFi. Bug fixes for fingerprint icon animation issue, the volume issue with AirPods, black bar issue while charging or playing a video, and much more can be seen.
The previous Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix featured Android 10 firmware and all of its goodies such as advanced location permissions, advanced privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more. Moreover, you also get the latest OnePlus features like brand new Oxygen OS 10 user interface, full screen gesture navigation system, game space, smart display, new customization feature in settings enabling icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings menu, built-in Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, always on display, and edge notification light.
Here is a screenshot of the Oxygen OS 10.0.2 OTA update for OnePlus 7 Pro:
Update log Oxygen OS 10.0.2 for OnePlus 7 (Pro)
The complete changelog for Oxygen OS 10.0.2 is here. It features many big fixes and This is because Oxygen OS 10.0.1 is a HotFix update. So all the updates and features are the same with no issues or bugs at this moment.
- Optimized the standby power consumption
- Optimized the expanded screenshot feature
- Optimized the Bluetooth connectivity in the automobiles
- Improved the translation accuracy
- Optimized overall communication (network, phone calls, mobile data) performance
- Optimized charging performance with the third-party chargers
- Fixed the blank screen issue
- Fixed fingerprint icon animation issue
- Fixed the volume issue with AirPods
- Fixed the black bar issue while charging or playing a video
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Camera (7 Pro)
- Optimized the performance of Super Stable feature in the Video for the Camera app
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.2 OTA update – Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
Oxygen OS 10.0.2 is a highly recommended OTA update for users already running Android 10. It comes in a large package over the previous one. You can either capture the OTA update by simply going to settings > about phone > system update > check for OTA updates.
Or download the full stock firmware for Oxygen OS 10.0.2 from below and update manually using Local Upgrade method. The OTA updates or the full stock firmware (ROM) zips are now available for download for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro for both Global and EU stable variants. Stay tuned for more!
Before you downloads, you must know the different OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro variants:
- GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
- GM21BA: GM1913: EU
- GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
- GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)
Downloads for OnePlus 7 Pro:
- Oxygen OS 10.0.2 for OnePlus 7 Pro Global variants | OTA Download (direct link)
- Oxygen OS 10.0.2 for OnePlus 7 Pro EU variants | OTA Download (direct link)
- AFH mirror full OxygenOS downloads repository
Downloads for OnePlus 7:
- Oxygen OS 10.0.2 for OnePlus 7 Global variants | OTA Download (direct link)
- Oxygen OS 10.0.2 for OnePlus 7 EU variants | OTA Download (direct link)
How to update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to latest Oxygen OS 10.0.2 firmware update?
Method 1: Simply going to settings > about phone > system update > check for OTA updates.
Method 2: Alternatively, if you want the Oxygen OS 10.0.2 update right now, then simply download the Oxygen 10 full firmware update and flash it using local upgrade method. (listed below)
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware zip from above.
- Transfer the OOS 10 zip file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file in the root directory; meaning outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.