Google is going all Dark Mode right now with a bunch of apps already running it. Apps like Android Messages, Google Photos, YouTube, etc. have already received the Dark Mode update. Some apps like Messages and YouTube have the dark mode toggle right under the settings menu. However, for other Google apps like the the Play Store, you will need to toggle the dark mode / night mode / dark theme on your Android devices. The name is different on different phones, but the function is all the same. So download the latest Play Store APK for dark mode.
Android 10 update officially introduced dark mode for smartphones. Some third-party phone manufacturers have already implemented dark mode on the Android 9 Pie firmware. This includes Samsung phones running OneUI, Xiaomi devices running MIUI 10, Huawei running EMUI 9, or the Pixel phones based on Android 9 Pie or later. On Samsung OneUI, you will find the Night Mode option right in the quick settings panel. (see screenshots) For Xiaomi’s MIUI 10 you will need to manually enable dark it via simple ADB commands. Same way on Pixel, OnePlus, or Essential Phones, you will need to enable dark mode from in Developer Settings and turn on dark mode from there. The name may vary from device manufacturer. It could be dark theme, dark mode, or night mode.
Moreover, we already received the Material Design 2 for the Play Store along with various Google apps. Here is the stunning Dark Mode based off Material Design 2.0 as well. The dark mode for Play Store comes with a new build number 16.9.10 or later. In order to activate it, all you need to do is install the latest version of Play Store onto your device. The latest APK is available in the downloads section below. If the new design doesn’t show up immediately after the update, then you will need to force stop the app and restart it once.
Download latest Google Play Store APK with Dark Mode
New version of Google Play Store 16.9.10 is now available for download with updated dark mode/theme and a more stable version.
Download Google Play Store 16.9.10 APK for sideload from below:
You may also need the latest Google Play Services APK on Play Store link:
- APK download Google Play Services | all versions from APKMirror
Tip: You might also consider registering for Play Services Beta version. This gives you latest features for testing.
How to get Dark Mode on Google Play Store?
Before you proceed, checkout the screenshots from above.
- First, see if the new version of Play Store is officially available to you.
- Launch Play Store, go to settings, scroll down and tap on “Play Store Version” option.
- A notice will say that new update will be automatically downloaded and installed on your device.
- If the version is 16.9.10 or above, then simply force stop the app and restart it. (Go to step 8)
- If not, then download the latest Play Store 16.9.10 APK from above.
- Transfer to phone storage and install it.
- Once done, launch the app.
- If you still don’t see Dark Mode, you will need to force stop the app once.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Play Store > Google Force Stop. (You may also need to enable “show system apps” option)
- Also, enable Dark Mode / Night Mode / Dark Theme on your Android phone.
- Launch the app again.
That’s it. Enjoy the dark mode! Comment below.