Open Beta program for the OnePlus 6T has already begun earlier this month. We just got the beta 1 OTA a week ago and here we are with yet another update to the beta channel. Oxygen OS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6T features improvements to the screen brightness control, app locker improvements, navigation bar colors now properly adapt while using third party apps. The full update log is listed below. So download and install the full stock Open Beta 2 firmware (ROM) for OnePlus 6T.
The first Open Beta simply featured the December 2018 Security Patch and some bug fixes. So it wasn’t a great upgrade over the stable channel (Oxygen OS 9.0.10) that already comes with official Android 9.0 Pie and all of its goodies out of the box. Not to forget the many new bug fixes and improvements to the system and camera app. The stable Oxygen OS also brings the most anticipated feature NightScape that we saw at the device launch.
The Open Beta 2, however, brings much more to the plate than just the security patch. The phone app now has an additional feature to display caller ID for Indian users and improved call user interface. OnePlus Launcher has also been updated by adding recommended tools in toolbox and improved UI for category tags in app drawer.
Changelog: OnePlus 6T Open Beta 2
• Improvements for screen brightness control
• Confirm pin without tapping the tick for app locker
• Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third party apps
• General bug fixes and system stability improvements
• Added the caller identification feature (For India only)
• Improved UI for call History
• Added create collection, copy and move photos features
• New illustrations and design on blank pages
• General bug fixes and overall experience improvements
• Added recommended tools in toolbox
• Improved UI for category tags in app drawer
Download OnePlus 6T Open Beta 2
Here we have listed the full stock firmware for the OnePlus 6T’s open beta 2. You can directly upgrade from stable Oxygen OS channel or the previous beta 1 to this using local upgrade method. Simply grab the ROM from below, transfer to phone storage, and do a Local Upgrade.
- Download Open Beta 2 ROM for OnePlus 6T (Direct link)
Another reason why you might want to be on the Beta channel is because Android Q is coming anytime soon in 2019. OnePlus 6 and 6T will be among the first phones from the manufacturer to receive Android Q update through beta channel.
For detailed tutorial on Local Upgrade tutorial, visit our previous posts on Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6T or Open Beta for OnePlus 6, or this post. Go through the same procedure if you would like to revert back to official stable channel.
You may also like:
- Use Private DNS (DNS over TLS) feature on Android 9.0 Pie
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Wallpapers
- Biggest Wallpaper collection
- Root Android P with latest Magisk 18
- Enable System UI Tuner Settings