Not so long ago, we got official Hydrogen OS 9.0 and Open Beta 23 or 21 based on Android 9 Pie for the OnePlus 5 and 5T. The latest flagship duo are already dawning the latest Oxygen OS 9.0 firmware update. Today, OnePlus finally released Android 9 Pie OTA update based Oxygen OS 9.0.0 for the OnePlus 5 and 5T. It features Android 9.0 Pie, December 2018 security patch, brand new navigation gestures, new OnePlus Launcher, and much more.
The official Oxygen OS 9.0.0 is now rolling out across the globe in waves. The first two countries to receive it are Germany and Canada. So if you are on a previous stable Oxygen OS 5.1.7 build, you can use a VPN app, change device location to Germany or Canada and download the OTA update right away. However, we already have the full stock firmware available for OnePlus 5 available for download below. So you can just grab the zip and perform a local upgrade – tutorial listed below.
The official Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 5(T) features Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Slice, Actions, Advanced AutoFill, DNS Over TLS, the new Android Pie gesture navigation coupled with improved OnePlus gestures, latest December 2018 Security Patch, etc. Changelog:
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Available for OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode
Download Stable Oxygen OS 9.0 Pie for OnePlus 5/5T
You can upgrade your device to Oxygen OS 9.0.0 using Local Upgrade method or flash it directly using TWRP if your Android is rooted. First, check if it has a compatibility zip. If it does remove it, create the zip and then flash it using TWRP recovery. If you need TWRP recovery, get it from the Oxygen OS 5.1.7 post (link above).
Download Oxygen OS 9.0:
- Oxygen OS 9.0 Pie for OnePlus 5 | Official Download (direct link)
- Oxygen OS 9.0 9.0 Pie for OnePlus 5T | Official Download (direct link)
You can now install the following later:
- Root Android 9 Pie using Magisk 18
- Latest TWRP recovery
- Use Private DNS over TLS to block ads
- Google Camera 6.1 from Pixel 3
- Digital Wellbeing APK
- Pixel 3 launcher
How to Update OnePlus 5/5T to Android 9.0 Pie based on Oxygen OS 9.0?
The Local Upgrade method is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS or proceed below.
- Download the latest available OOS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder. See the image below.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.