Motorola’s latest Android One smartphone of the year is now being updated to Android 9.0 Pie. Yes, the 2018 budget smartphone Motorola One Power is currently getting the latest software update. This makes the One Power one of the first Moto devices to receive the 9.0 Pie OTA update. So if you have this phone, then head over to settings > software updates > and check for OTA updates right now. Alternatively, you can simply download the Android 9.0 OTA update zip from below and update manually.
The Android 9.0 Pie update for Motorola One Power features latest November 2018 Security Patch with build number PPT29.74-25. According to the changelog listed in the screenshot below, the update also brings support for LTE+LTE (Dual Volte) feature, Added Panorama feature for camera, and some other camera improvements. The OTA comes in a package of over 1 GB in size from the previous Oreo firmware.
Download Motorola One Power Android 9.0 Pie OTA update
Here we have the full OTA update for the Motorola One Power for those haven’t received the update yet. There is a simple method to manually install or update your Android device.
- Moto One Power Android 9.0 PPT29.74-25 | OTA Download (Mega)
Note: Do not install this over the August security patch update.
How to update?
- Download the Android Pie OTA update zip and transfer it to the root of your device’s internal storage (Meaning, do not put it in any any folder. It should be outside all folders.)
- Now, go to Settings > Apps¬ifications > Show all apps.
- Click on the 3 dots menu on the top right corner of the screen and then select > show system apps.
- Search for the ‘Motorola Update Services’ app and give it storage permission.
- Now, got to settings > system updates and check for update.
- The latest Android 9.0 Pie update will show up.
- Install normally.
Moreover, if you want to revert back to Android Oreo, that’s not a problem at all. All you need to do is download the full stock firmware (fastboot image) and flash it using the fastboot or download mode. See out previous fastboot flashing methods for Motorola devices by search.
You may also like:
We already have the Android 8.1 Oreo based on October 2018 patch for the Moto G5S (Plus) and for Moto G5 (Plus). Motorola is also working on Android 9.0 Pie for some other devices via soak test including the Moto X4. In order to participate, and update your Moto G or X4 devices to Android 9.0 Pie Beta you will need to sign up for Motorola Feedback Network (Soak Test).
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.