Two days for October 2018 end and here we are with yet another OTA update for OnePlus 6. The smartphone manufacturer has kept its promise, from the OnePlus 6T launch, and brought all the new features from the latest flagship to OnePlus 6. The latest Open Beta 6 packs all the latest OxygenOS features including the new navigation gesture, nightscape for camera app, latest OnePlus Launcher with Google quick search bar, new Oxygen OS UI, and much more.
OxygenOS Open Beta 6 for the OnePlus 6 is now rolling out with all the OnePlus 6T features including the new navigation gestures. This comes with an update to the OnePlus Launcher v3.1 that we talked about earlier today. The gesture navigation of OxygenOS 9.0 Pie are have been improved significantly with this update. You can checkout the video in our previous post.
The most anticipated feature of the OnePlus 6T camera, the NightScape, is now being ported to OnePlus 6. This new feature will enable taking stunning night shots using unique algorithmic enhancements. The Gallery app has been updated with loads of features and improvements as well. The complete changelog is below.
Another significant change with Open Beta 6 is the introduction of November 2018 Security Patch; that comes even before Google’s announcement. The About Page UI in Settings has also been revamped. We can also see improvements for taking screenshots.
This is a huge OTA update for the Beta channel that features latest November 2018 Security Patch based on Android 9.0 Pie. It most likely improves overall firmware performance as well. The OTA comes in a package of 181 MB in size from the previous Open Beta 5. If you are on the stable channel, don’t worry, we have got you covered. We have listed the Open Beta 6 full stock firmware zip below.
Changelog: OnePlus 6 Open Beta 8 (OxygenOS)
- Audio tuner for Type-C and Bluetooth earphones
- About Phone UI improvements
- Improved UI for Call History
- Supported dark theme for Dashboard in Shelf
- Improved slow motion
Changelog: OnePlus 6 Open Beta 7 (OxygenOS)
- Added Video Enhancer feature
- Added OnePlus Roaming
- Added vibration when hanging up
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- App drawer options under launcher settings
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Changelog: OnePlus 6 Open Beta 6 (OxygenOS)
• New Navigation gestures
• Improved UI for About phone
• Updated Android security patch to 2018/11
• Improvements for taking screenshot experience
• New Google quick search bar
• Added nightscape mode
• Improved zoom in/out overall experience
• Supported more photos shown in your PHOTO tab
• Supported swipe-down gesture to go back to timeline when viewing your photo
Download Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 6
Here we have listed the full stock firmware for the latest Open Beta 6 for OnePlus 6. Simply grab the ROM from below, transfer to phone storage, and do a Local Upgrade.
You can get all the features and update of the previous Beta firmware by simply flashing the Open Beta 5 full stock firmware listed below.
- Download Open Beta 8 ROM for OnePlus 6 (AFH Mirror)
- Download Open Beta 7 ROM for OnePlus 6 (AFH Mirror)
- Download Open Beta 6 ROM for OnePlus 6 (Direct link)
- Previous Open Beta 5 ROM for OnePlus 6 (How to update)
Moreover, we already have official stable Android 9.0 Pie for OnePlus 6 with latest Oxygen OS 9.0 and Oxygen OS 9.0.1 (European region). The stable channel has been updated with the new OxygenOS UI, camera improvements, and much more.
You may also like:
- OnePlus 6T Wallpapers
- Biggest Wallpaper collection
- Root Android P with latest Magisk 17.1
- Enable System UI Tuner Settings