Table of Contents Hide
Not so long ago, Xiaomi released its first build of official MIUI 9 ROM for all the three batches of its smartphones. Currently, all the Xiaomi phones are running the MIUI 9 firmware update, except a few very old phones. This update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. Some of the flagship phones are also running the 7.1.1 Nougat Android version, but not all. This includes, Xiaomi Mi6, Redmi Note 5A, etc. Previous Xiaomi phones also get a chance to install the Android 7.1 Nougat update with the latest builds of Xiaomi.eu MIUI 9 v7.9.1.
Xiaomi.eu versions of MIUI 9 ROMS are developer builds. These are custom builds from the MIUI developer team. Hence, your device must be running a custom TWRP recovery.
List of Xiaomi devices running Android 7.1.1 Nougat based MIUI 9 ROM
As you can see in the list above, there are a lot of Xiaomi devices receiving the MIUI 9 ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Some of them include Xiaomi Mi6, Redmi Note 5A or 5A Lite, Redmi Note 4X, Mi Note 2, Mi 5C, Mi 5X, Mi Max 2.
The rest of the Xiaomi.eu developers shall compile the 7.1 Nougat firmware for more devices such as Redmi Note 4, Note 3, Mi Mix, Mi Max, etc. So stay tuned.
Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat MIUI 9 ROM for all Xiaomi devices
Here you will find the full list of Xiaomi devices with MIUI 9 7.8.31 ROM. Download the MIUI 9 custom build and flash via TWRP recovery.
MIUI 9 ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat | Download link
MIUI 9 7.9.1 ROM | Download Link
How to install MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware update?
- Make sure to Bootloader Unlock your Xiaomi device officially from here. Check out the full procedure here.
- Make sure to install latest TWRP via Fastboot mode. Download latest TWRP Recovery Zip from here or unofficial download links.
- Download and transfer the MIUI 9 ROM to phone storage or SD Card.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Go to Wipe and clear the /data partition. If coming from Android 6.0 Marshmallow, wipe /system as well.
- Click ‘Install’ option and select the ROM from the internal storage.
- Swipe right to flash the MIUI 9 ROM.
- Reboot to system.
That’s it. All done. Enjoy the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat based MIUI ROM on your device. In case of any issues, factory reset the phone via system settings.