OnePlus releases two Open Beta updates to the OnePlus 3/3T every month. Of which, the first open beta is deployed the first date of every month. As promised, today, the Chinese firmware H2OS, short for Hydrogen OS, is being updated to a new Open Beta version 14 for OnePlus 3T and Beta 20 for OnePlus 3 (equivalent to OxygenOS Open Beta 23 for OnePlus 3). The new update comes with the latest August 2017 Security Patch. Though, its not certain as to which Android security patch version it actually being deployed, but it most likely seems to be the August security update. According to the update log listed below, it is simply states latest Android Security update.
No, its not Android 8.0 Oreo. It may take a month or so to deploy Oreo to OnePlus 3/3T. The next Oxygen OS Open Beta 23/14 will come as soon as September 4, 2017 – which is the next Monday.
The latest H2OS Open Beta also brings several other optimizations to system, camera app, weather app, and clock app, Gallery app. The update log has been translated from Chinese language. Hence, it may be a little obscure to read. Download the full stock firmware files from below and do a Local Upgrade. You can easily switch between Oxygen OS and H2OS. The only thing you will need are Google apps. Gapps are not present on HydrogenOS.
Update log for H2OS Open Beta 14/20
This update to give us a number of new features and improvements, to bring you a better experience, we recommend that you update.
- Shot on OnePlus support adding watermark. Also put custom names to watermarks.
- Redesigned raising brightness of screen display style. The interface is more clear.
- Support for battery power.
- App Locker now supports Hide notification content to further protect your privacy.
- Optimized application stability.
- Adjust default color of home screen.
- Latest Android security patch update
- new alarm clock features a calendar,
- alarm clock can now set specific dates in advance, but also set alarms based on statutory holidays
- Directly support the right of the contact list to quickly display the index bar.
- Contact management with fast merge.
- Optimized image load and display speed.
- Faster Figure one step.
- Optimize search experience cities.
Download H2OS Open Beta
HydrogenOS H2OS Open Beta 14 | Download | OnePlus 3T
HydrogenOS H2OS Open Beta 20 | Download | OnePlus 3
How to install?
The updates listed above are all full stock firmware files. Simply grab the above files and do a Local upgrade.
The Local upgrade option for OnePlus 3/3T can be found under settings – system updates – click the upper right corner of the “Settings icon” – local upgrade – select the entire package you want to update. Note that, for a full firmware package upgrade method, you need to place the entire package at the root directory.
Read full tutorial: How to switch between Oxygen OS and Hydrogen OS easily?
If your device is rooted with official TWRP, then download the full firmware and flash it via custom recovery. However, if your device is not rooted and running the official stock recovery, then download the full firmware files from above an do a local upgrade. For a detailed instructions see our previous H2OS firmware tutorial.