Table of Contents
Although we are seeing other devices are busy getting the August security updates and latest firmware, but T-mobile is providing the July security update to its flagships Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.It’s a bit later than usual but it’s the much-required update for Galaxy S8 and S8 plus users. T-mobile update for Galaxy S8/S8 plus is now available as OTA (Over The Air update) update. Along with that, You can also directly download the firmware from Samsung servers.
The update comes with the build numbers G955USQU1AQGA for Galaxy S8 and G955USQU1AQFJ for the Galaxy S8+ variants. And this T-mobile update for Galaxy S8/S8 plus your device to the July security patch.Sized over 130 MB the T-mobile update for Galaxy S8/S8 plus promises system stability enhancement and regular security fixes. Let’s see how we can download the OTA update. And we will also guide you to get the update from Samsung servers directly.
What’s New with T-mobile update for Galaxy S8/S8 plus
Latest T-mobile update for Galaxy S8/S8 plus comes with the following updates.
- July 2017 Security Patch.
- Regular Bug fixes.
- UMTS 911 change
- Device Stability Enhancement.
- Other improved features.
How-To Install July T-Mobile Update for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
Installing As OTA Update
Step-1 Go to Device Settings > About Device > System Update
Step-2 Then check whether the update is available for your device.
Step-3 If available, then the device will seek your permission to download the update.
Step-4 And follow the instructions on the screen to download the update and install it.
- Connect to a strong Wi-Fi network to download the update as it is of large size.
- make sure your device has full battery charge.
- AndroidSage will not be responsible if any damage occurs to your device during the process.
Install July T-Mobile Update for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Directly From Samsung Servers
Third party downloads links:
Samsung Galaxy S8 Full stock firmware files:
- AP_G950USQU1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157259_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5
- BL_G950USQU1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157259_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- CP_G950USQU1AQD9_CP6187179_CL11131491_QB13157259_REV 00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- CSC_OYN_G950UOYN1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157259_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- HOME_CSC_OYN_G950UOYN1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157259_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Samsung Galaxy S8+ Full stock firmware files
- AP_G955USQU1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5
- BL_G955USQU1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- CP_G955USQU1AQD9_CP6187180_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV 00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- CSC_OYN_G955UOYN1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_use r_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- HOME_CSC_OYN_G955UOYN1AQD9_CL11131491_QB13157333_REV00_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Update Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus via Odin firmware
Step 1: Download the Latest Odin tool to PC.
Step 2: Download and extract SamFirm tool.
Step 4: See how to flash or restore the device to complete stock using Odin Tool.
Therefore, The T-mobile update for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus update is late to roll, it comes with much-required device improvements and security fixes. So, grab the update as OTA or catch it directly from the Samsung servers.