Table of Contents
Paranoid Android is has been resurrected from the dead and is now available for several Android devices including OnePlus 3/3T, Google Pixel (XL), Nexus 6P and 5X. This is the new Android 7.1.2 Nougat based build with latest security patches. As we know, Paranoid Android was once a popular custom ROM as it was based on CAF. Now they have fully moved to CAF in the latest builds. The AOSPA ROM was first introduced last month with a hint of Android O coming to the ROM. So it is better you stick with Paranoid in order to get the latest Android 8.0 before anyone else.
The main attraction of the ROM is that it comes with Pie controls. Paranoid ROMS basically promoted the Pie controls to the Android community and has been popular ever since. Though we don’t miss them much right now, the new material design can really make a change. The user interface ha also changed and tweaked to make it look stunning. Secondly, the Hampus Olson wallpapers for Paranoid are also very popular. Not to forget, the artist makes official stock wallpapers for the OnePlus phones as well. Color Engine is a new theme engine introduced in the latest 7.1.2 Nougat build to change the UI color. Immersive mode, buttons customization, and, on the spot controls are some other features of the ROM.
Features of AOSPA 7.1.2 Nougat ROM:
The Pie Control has been redesigned and comes with material UI. This brings more gesture based on control for navigation.
Color Engine allows changing colors of your device to light, dark, and Black with accent colors.
Introduction of more gestures.
Other features and screenshots:
- On-the-spot controls
- Immersive Mode
- Paranoid OTA Updater
- Battery Styles
- Advanced Power Dialog
- Recent App Locking
- Quick Pull-down
- Substratum Support
- Enhanced Kernel + Control
- Advanced Button Control
- Gesture Control
- Alert Slider Support
- Fingerprint Enhancements
- Camera Enhancements
Paranoid Android 7.1.2 Nougat downloads repository [AOSPA]
Android phones receiving latest AOSPA 7.1.2 Nougat:
Work in progress for latest builds:
As of today, the following Android phones are still running on previous 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, in the future, the following devices will receive the Android 7.1.2 builds. So stay tuned and keep checking the following links for updates.
- Amami – Z1 compact
- Aries – Z3 compact
- Bacon – OnePlus One
- Castor – Z2 Tab LTE
- Castor windy – Z2 Tab WiFi
- Deb – Nexus 7 2013 (4G)
- Find5 – Oppo Find5
- Find7 – Oppo Find7a (FHD)
- Find7s – Oppo Find7 (QHD)
- Flo – Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi)
- Flounder – Nexus 9
- Grouper – Nexus 7 2012 (WiFi)
- Hammerhead – Nexus 5
- Honami – Z1
- Ivy – Z3+/Z4
- Karin – Z4 Tablet
- Karin windy – Z4 Tab WiFi
- Leo – Z3
- Maguro – Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
- Mako – Nexus 4
- Manta – Nexus 10
- N1 – Oppo N1
- Oneplus2 – OnePlus 2
- Onyx – OnePlus X
- Robin – Nextbit Robin
- Satsuki – Z5 Premium
- Scorpion – Z3 Tab compact
- Scorpion windy – Z3 Tab Compact WiFi
- Shamu – Nexus 6
- Sirius – Z2
- Sumire – Z5
- Suzuran – Z5 compact
- Tilapia – Nexus 7 2012 (3G)
- Togari – Z Ultra
- Toro – Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
- Toroplus – Galaxy Nexus (Sprint)
How to Install latest Paranoid Android build for OnePlus 3 and 3T?
- Make sure your Android device has an unlocked bootloader.
- Make sure your device is rooted with TWRP recovery installed. Flash the AOSPA recommended TWRP from here.
- Download and transfer the latest AOSPA firmware build from above to your phone storage.
- You will also need, latest SuperSU, and latest Gapps into phone storage.
- Reboot phone into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid backup of existing ROM.
- Wipe the current partitions except for the internal storage.
- Tap on Install and flash the AOSPA ROM.
- Similarly, flash Gapps and SuperSU.
- Reboot to system.
That is it. Enjoy your latest Paranoid Android ROM and leave a comment below.
Source: Google Plus