The Huawei Mate 8 is one of the most popular phones from the major Chinese smartphone manufacturer following the Huawei P9 (Plus), P8, etc. The Mate 8 series have seen several Android 7.0 Nougat beta builds. However, this time the official stable Nougat build has been rolled out by Huawei. The Nougat firmware comes with the build number NXT-DL00C17B573 with the latest EMUI 5.0 UX.
This is the first official Android 7.0 release by Huawei for the Mate 8 and comes with several new features and upgraded apps. The very first Nougat Beta build was released with security update NRD90M and firmware build NXT-DL00C17B573. This new firmware was then updated to NXT-DL00C17B575. Now the official stable NXT-DL00C17B575 is being rolled out.
According to the change log below, the new firmware comes with EMUI 5.0 sweetness and many new key enhancements and features to the UX. The camera, dialing app, settings app, gallery, etc have been revamped.
Here is the official Huawei Mate 8 Android 7.0 Nougat changelog-
- The brand new user interface for EMUI 5.0 was inspired by the pure blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. The interface is simple and smart, and EMUI 5.0 comes with enhanced, powerful performance that allows mobile phones to operate more smoothly. A safer system also improves the security of your privacy, payments, messaging, and apps.
- A cleaner, more interactive interface A brand new UI and effects inspired by the blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. Simplified gestures, with 90% of core operations completed in 3 steps
- Enhanced features System operations more fluid, allowing you to view a massive amount of images, browse websites, and perform searches faster than your peers
- A more secure system Improvements in the security of your privacy, payments, messaging, and apps
- HiBoard HiBoard is located on the far left of the home screen, and presents suggested apps, lifestyle services, news, videos, music, and other apps and features in one place. It also automatically generates reminder cards for Smartcare.
- Gallery By combining device and cloud storage, you can view images stored on the cloud and locally in the same place. The cloud gallery will automatically categorize your photos by people, cuisine, scenery, and location. EMUI 5.0 also supports slow motion video, and removes the feature where the Camera is launched by swiping downwards.
- Camera Under EMUI 5.0, the Camera now supports downloaded plug-ins, giving you a richer photography experience. Landscape display and the interface for parameter settings have been optimized in pro camera mode. Online translation has been removed, and the QR code recognition feature has been shifted to the Scanner on HiBoard.
- Messaging For EMUI 5.0, we’ve worked with banks and carriers to automatically recognize phishing links in fraudulent SMS messages.
- Dialing With intelligent cloud-based data analysis, EMUI 5.0 automatically blocks fraudulent or spam phone calls and SMS messages. During emergency calls, the phone interface will display your geographical location.
- TrustSpace Provides an independent app space, which isolates malicious programs and protects payment, finance, and asset related apps.
- Calendar This is a brand new, comprehensive scheduling management feature, which presents Smartcare, Messaging, and Notepad in one place. It also allows data syncing across multiple devices through your Huawei ID.
- Notepad Supports sharing notes as documents, images, and emails over social media.
- Settings Eye comfort mode: Effectively reduces blue light, adjusting screen brightness to make it warmer and reducing eye fatigue. Huawei Share: Allows quick and easy sharing of images, videos, and other files between Huawei devices using EMUI 5.0.
Download Huawei Mate 8 Android 7.0 Nougat official stable
The OTA download links come directly from Huawei servers:
You can either install it via TWRP recovery or using the official update app method. We have already listed the official installation method for Huawei devices. Head over to this tutorial here. If the dload method fails, flash the firmware using custom TWRP recovery. Check out how to install using TWRP. Flash without wiping the previous firmware.