Table of Contents
- Download Android Wear 1.5 OTA Update
- How to Install Android Wear 1.5 OTA Update on your Smart Watch with ADB sideload?
Update: Android Wear 2.0 now available for download. Google has started releasing Android Wear Update 1.5 for some of the supported smart watches from Huawei, Sony, Asus, etc. This is a new update over the previous OTA based 1.4 which was released a couple of months earlier. It is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, it brings the firmware build number MWD69 for the Huawei Watch that weighs 74 MB and the build number MWD49B for Sony SmartWatch 3 and weighs just 15 MB. As you can see these are the security patches based on the newer AOSP source from May or June. For now only the listed two devices have received the Android wear 1.5 OTA update. Soon it may pop up for other watches like Asus ZenWatch, LG Watch series, Moto 360, etc. Earlier we brought to you the Android Wear 2.0 Developer preview for LG Watch Urbane and Huawei Watch (look at the download section). Just like the Android N developer preview for the Nexus devices, you can try the upcoming OS from Google on your device under the company’s Beta program.
Check out Screenshots for 1.5 OTA Update for Huawei, Sony, Fossil, Samsung Watch
Download Android Wear 1.5 OTA Update
Download Android Wear 1.5 OTA for Sony SmartWatch 3
- Huawei Watch 1.5 OTA Update → Download | File: huawei_sturgeon_sturgeon.zip
Download Android Wear 1.5 OTA for Huawei Watch
- Huawei Watch 1.5 OTA Update → Download | File: sony_tetra_tetra.zip
You may also like:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Updates for all Android smart watches.
- Download Android Wear 2.0 Preview For your smart watch.
What’s New With Android Wear 1.5 Update?
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Based MWD69 Update
- security and stability improvements
- GPS issues have been fixed
- better battery life with support for Doze Mode
- New functions like:
- added a color display in the energy-saving mode.
- added new novel 3D Feis.
- added new ringtones.
- Fixed Bluetooth connection in some cases.
- fixed the problem with the switches in calls.
- improved movement algorithm.
- improvement in running identification rate.
- improve the condition in Which the display is turned on accidentally in the gesture.
- fixed problems related to the rotation of the Google maps
How to Install Android Wear 1.5 OTA Update on your Smart Watch with ADB sideload?
We have a detailed tutorial on how to install OTA updates on Android Wear. The manual update method is same for all Android wears and is official. Hence, grab the OTA from the download section and head over to this tutorial: How to install Android Wear Marshmallow OTA on Asus ZenWatch? Like, share, and follow Android Sage on social media. For queries, comment down below.