Following the launch of the stunning Galaxy S8 and the S8 Plus, a series of S8 ports have been featured on this website in the past. This includes stock S8+ apps, features, wallpapers, and much more. Earlier, we have seen the Hello Bixby, new Weather widget, and the AOD customization for the stunning device. Now, the S8 Plus Infinity ROM port has been developed for the Note 5 and it’s sister phone – the S6 Edge Plus including many of its variants. Thanks to, OttomanTR, the new S8 ROM port brings the latest Infinity UI to other phones and many such firmware upgrades
The following ROM is based on the the Galaxy S8 Plus G955FXXU1AQCC firmware build number and NRD90M AOSP sources. It supports Multiple languages. As it is based on official S8 firmware, it brings full Galaxy S8 Plus features. However, the ROM is in it’s beta state. Hence, it comes with some bugs at this moment with the keyboard language packages, etc. It packs Always on display, Bixby, etc.
Alternatively, there is another ROM developed by recognized developer Dr. Ketan. The S8 ROM also comes with most of the features for the Note 5 and is termed as stable. Of course, coming from Dr. Ketan, the ROM consists of numerous features and specifications. Check out the ROM from below.
- Galaxy Note5: SM – N920C, SM – N920S, SM – N920L, SM – N920K, SM – N920G, SM – N920I, SM – N9208, SM – N920CD
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus: SM – G928F, SM – G928C, SM – G928S, SM – G928L, SM – G928K, SM – G928G, SM – G928I
Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Infinity ROM for Note 5 and S6 Edge+
The following is a custom ROM and need to be flashed via latest TWRP recovery. Although, there are separate TWRP builds for Note 5 and S6 Edge+, the following S8 ROM port is an unified build for both the phones. This means that the same ROM can be flashed on the two devices for almost all variants. Check out the supported devices section from above.
There is another S8 ROM developed by Dr. Ketan which is based on official Nougat. Apart from S8 port, it also contains support to Jio VoLTE, Always On Display and much more.
N9208_NFC_Fix_1.0.apk from here | need to flash for Note 5
How to flash Infinity S8 ROM port onto Note 5 and S6 Edge+?
- Make sure your device is running either 6.0.1 Marshmallow or the latest Nougat firmware update on Note 5 and S6 Edge+. Otherwise, install the Bootloader from the source.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy phone is setup with custom TWRP recovery.
- Download and transfer the S8+ ROM port into your phone’s internal storage.
- Reboot into TWRP.
- Take Nandroid backup.
- Flash the ROM.
- Reboot to system