The HTC 10 has already received the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update earlier last month. However, it was only for the HTC 10 developer unlocked variant and some US carriers like Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon. Now, the Nougat OTA update is rolling out for the mainland Europe and many of its countries with firmware build number 2.41.401.3. the update will follow Russia, Turkey, India, and so on in the next few days.
The OTA has been halted due to some technical issues. However, the full stock firmware file is now available directly from the HTC servers. The 2.41.401.3 RUU EXE file based on Nougat is now available. It can be installed using a Windows PC easily regardless of what firmware the HTC 10 currently has and also whether the phone is rooted or not. The RUU will restore HTC 10 European variant device to complete stock. It has not been tested on the international variant.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat for HTC 10 – stock RUU firmware file 2.41.401.3
- HTC 10 Nougat for European variant → Download |
File: RUU_PERFUME_UHL_N70_SENSE80GP_MR_HTC_Europe_2.41.401.3_Radio_1.[email protected]_79.07_F_release_493442_signed_2.exe
The RUU file weighs a whopping 1.83 GB in size and can be used to restore the device to complete stock. In order to know how to install the RUU.exe file, you can visit our previous tutorial of HTC 10 developer unlocked variant. HTC has also provided a user manual to install the RUU.exe firmware file which can be downloaded from here.
Here’s a short tutorial:
- Connect the device to PC via USB.
- Make sure USB debuggin is turned on from developer options (settings->about-> software information > More->build number -> tap build number until it says you’re a developer).
- In ‘Settings’ choose developer option and tick USB debugging
- Install drivers.
- Double-click or run the ROM/Ruu.exe file and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Your previous ROM should be 1.80.401.1 or later.
- Wait until the new driver updates complete.
- If ROM update stops repeat from step one.
- If flashing stops in the middle, choose the recovery option and follow the screen options.