Samsung Galaxy J5 has finally received an update to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for some of his variants. The new update made Galaxy J5 more snappy and fast. User interface and animations are amazing after updating Galaxy J5 to Marshmallow 6.0.1. SM-J510S/K/L(Korean), SM-J500F in India, Portugal & Sri Lanka and SM-J500H in Bangladesh and many more variants, till now has got the update while for remaining variants update will soon be available. Follow the following details given below to install Marshmallow in Galaxy J5. Firmware Details or Indian variant: Model SM-J500F, Model name Galaxy J5, Country India, Version Android 6.0.1, Changelist 8409884, Build date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 05:31:01 +0000, Security Patch, Level 2016-08-01, Region INS, PDA J500FXXU1BPG5, CSC J500FODD1BPFB. Only a select few regions have received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update for now. You can check out the download section from below. It is recommended to use the tool provided there to search updates for your device and download the latest firmware file available in the first link. It requires no subscription, no speed limit, etc.
Download Galaxy J5 Marshmallow Firmware:
To download without any speed restrictions, download the firmware directly from Samsung servers from the tool provided in the first link (First bulletin). Otherwise, download it at third party website from the links given below.
- Tool to Download Official Samsung Galaxy J5 Stock Firmware
→ Download | [Faster download method with no speed limit]
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J500FN | Download
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500M Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J500M | Download
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J5007 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J5007 | Firmware coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J5008 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J5008 | File: Firmware coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500G Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J500GXXU1BPI3 | File: J500GXXU1BPI3_J500GOLB1BPI2_XME.zip | Android 6.0.1 (Malaysia)
- For All Other Regions | File: Firmware coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500N0 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J500N0 | File: Firmware coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500Y Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- J500Y | File: Firmware coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Korean Variants [Download via Samsung tool]
- Tools Required to Restore Galaxy S7 to Stock
Restore to Stock Samsung Galaxy J5:
Availability of custom ROMS, TWRP recovery, and much more will make you require full firmware files if anything goes wrong or want to revert back to stock firmware. The procedure for moving into stock will perform a clean or full firmware installation, means you might lose your all data, media etc. That’s why before proceed you should take backup of your data. this will restore your device to stock. this requires an Odin method and Odin software specific to Samsung. Go to this link to get the full tutorial of restoring the device to full stock and updating to Android 6.0.1 using Odin method. The procedure will be same for both Samsung gadgets. To know more of the benefits of this Odin method, get to this page.
Follow and like us on social media. For any queries, comment below or leave us a message in the forum.