Following the deployment of the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware update to many of the premium Samsung devices like Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, Note 5, etc, the AT&T carrier has now stepped in the releasing the TouchWiz firmware to the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus SM-G928A. This OTA update comes to us officially from the AT&T servers. unfortunately, the full firmware file for the same is not yet available as the TouchWiz OS for AT&T variants is very difficult to obtain. Hence, for those of you who have rooted the device or are still waiting for the update notification, can grab the OTA files from below and start with the ADB sideload method. This won’t void the warranty or trip KNOX. However, make sue you flash the proper file as there is no Odin flashable file available yet.
AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928AUCU2BPE6 Firmware Details:
- Android version: 6.0.1
- Baseband version: G928AUCU2BPE6
- Kernel Version: 3.10.61-7563702 [email protected] #1 Thur May 19 19:03:55 KST 2016
- Build Number: MMB29K.G928AUCU2BPE6
- File size: PB2 > PE6 = 1350MB, PE3 > PE6 = 1370MB
N920AUCU2BPE6 Update Running on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928A
Download AT&T S6 Edge Plus G928A Marshmallow Firmware
N920AUCU2BPE6 OTA For AT&T S6 Edge+ SM-G928A From ATT Servers
- v1: AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928A → From Build (5.1.1) S2APE3 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE6
- v2: AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928A → From Build (5.1.1) U2APB2 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE6
Download More Builds:
- (5.1.1) S2APE3 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE6
- (5.1.1) U2APB2 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE6
- (5.1.1) U2APB2 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE5
- (5.1.1) U2APB2 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE1
- (5.1.1) U2APB2 -> (6.0.1) U2BPD5
- (5.1.1) 2AOJ1 -> (5.1.1) U2APB2
Odin Firmware Builds:
- SM-G928A Full Odin Restore G928AATT2AOJ1 (Flashable via Odin)
How to Update Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to G928AUCU2BPE6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware With OTA Updates?
Well, the procedure is simple. The links in the download section above are the OTA updates for the latest G928AUCU2BPE6. However, you need to verify which update your device currently runs. Then flash the valid OTA update using ADB sideload method. If it is the Android 5.1 Lollipop PE3 then download the (5.1.1) S2APE3 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE6 OTA update via ADB sideload. On the other hand, if your S6 Edge+ device comes from Android 5.1 Lollipop PE3, then flash the (5.1.1) U2APB2 -> (6.0.1) 2BPE6 OTA file. The string you need to issue via terminal or command prompt is “adb sideload <filename>.zip”. For instance, adb sideload SS-G928AUCS2APE3-to-U2BPE6-UP.zip. For a detailed tutorial, head over to the similar tutorial on the AT&T Galaxy Note 5 which was recently published. Otherwise, for even more information on this topic, visit this tutorial: How to install Marshmallow OTA update on AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge devices via ADb sideload method?
Like, share, and follow us on social media. For queries, comment down below or join the forums.